Jump to content
Fly Tying

TBlue

core_group_3
  • Content Count

    51
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About TBlue

  • Rank
    Advanced Member

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
    http://

Profile Information

  • Location
    Boise, Idaho
  1. Hi everyone, I'll be fishing the Madison river in Yellowstone this weekend (20th- 21st). I have the general stuff, which is black, olive, black and olive mix for wollybuggers, BHPT, BH hares ear, copper johns also a bunch of San Juan worms and a couple of midge patterns. For dries I have BWO in size 18-20 and some parachute adams. Is there one or two flies that you would not leave home without when going to the Madison? Weather will be upper 30s to lower 40s with a good chance for precip. (Will try to hit the firehole river if I have time). Thanks :headbang: :headbang:
  2. Great looking fly!!! :rockon:
  3. TBlue

    Hook poll

    Mustad and Dai Riki :thumbup:
  4. I was at the Sportsman's Warehouse today and asked what to use for the hackle. To my surprise the guy behind the counter recommended using squirrels tail.... I have never heard of this but will try it, has any one heard or tried this??? :dunno:
  5. I don't know about bleaching out foam, :dunno: , Only thing I can think of is to go to a craft or fabric store to include Wal-Mart to get a variety of colored foam. I have the best luck at a craft store called Michael's here in Boise. Hope this helps
  6. Thanks for the input everyone. I'll tie up the Polar Shrimp and try the laser egg. Cant find a tutorial for the laser egg so I'll just wing it. Any other recommendations for Northwest Steelhead flies are welcome. :thumbsup:
  7. I have thought about going steelhead fishing once again for the first time in about 10 years. So i'm looking for advise on flies. I started researching for flies and found the Green Butt Skunk, I have already tied a hand full. I found on some sites that this is one of the best summer time flies, so does this fly work just as well for the winter run as the summer run or do you all recommend a different pattern? :dunno: I know there is a million patterns out there but is there a few that really stand out for the winter??? Thanks, Todd
  8. TBlue

    How do you fish?

    90% is done with my fly pole. The other 10% is with my cat pole on the Snake River or when I take the girlfriend out to shore fish for bass. Also want to start Steelhead fishing again soon which I will use my spinning gear for. I would be lost using my fly pole. (my pole isnt heavy enough anyway,6wt).
  9. I tried the Mongoose months ago and sent it back within days of trying it. For my it was to awkward. I now use the Danvise with the tying station Al Beatty sells. This by far is the best set up I have used and will never use any thing else. I vote for the Danvise and Al's tying station. I think his site is btflyfishing. Check it out!! Hope this helps you out....
  10. Welcome, feel free to jump in. I fished a few times up there in the panhandle. I now live down here in Boise. :cheers: Todd
  11. Welcome to the forum, great to have ya
  12. Welcome aboard nice to have ya... :headbang:
  13. TBlue

    Im new

    Welcome to the forum Newfie. Good to have you aboard
  14. TBlue

    Howdy

    Welcome to the forum.
  15. Looks great to me :headbang: Let us know how it works. I had a problem with one of the fly shop owners here in Boise with the same stuck up attitude. Ignore hime and dont bother asking him anymore. Thats what I did. :rockon:
×
×
  • Create New...