Fly Tying
WWKimba

Wild Turkey Breast feathers - know a place that sells?

I have a pattern that calls for the use of the iridescent breast feathers from a wild turkey but I am befuddled on a place to purchase some.  Does anyone out there know of a source?  I appreciate any assistance.

Kim

1 hour ago, WWKimba said:

I have a pattern that calls for the use of the iridescent breast feathers from a wild turkey but I am befuddled on a place to purchase some.  Does anyone out there know of a source?  I appreciate any assistance.

Kim

Can't guarantee anything, but I'll ask my turkey feather supplier if he has anything. In fact I might have some someplace in my stash. I'll let you know either way.

I appreciate your efforts, Thanks.

I'd use peacock breast but the color is not right.  Is there a sub that someone is privy to as a backup?

Kim

I would be cautious as feathers, etc. from game animals could be illegal to sell or buy. Find a turkey hunter and get them for free.

Thanks skeet3t but I do know that I have no risk buying or owning wild turkey feathers here in New York state.  I always check this out BEFORE I look for less often offered fly tying materials.

Kim

17 hours ago, WWKimba said:

iridescent breast feathers from a wild turkey

I just gave some away, but pretty sure I have more to spare, if memory serves.  I'll take a look this week-end and let you know.  

I use them also.  I got my most recent ones from a hunter friend but I have seen them in fly shops on occasion.  Craft web sites may offer them as well.

I thank you all for your valuable input!  I have some coming my way thanks to your help.

Kim

All set and thank you for your offer Dr. D.

Kim