Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

Remembering my Sister

3 years ago today I lost my Sister Tracy way too young, and way too suddenly. She was not just my Sister but she was my best friend, and the other half of me. Sometimes it seems like it's been so much longer than 3 yrs since I saw her last, and others it seems like it was just yesterday. Over time I have learned to accept and deal with it, but a part of me also died that day, and will never be the same. I am grateful to have had such a wonderful Sister with whom I shared so many cherished memories. She made my life exceedingly better just by being in it.

iVOO2Z5.jpg

The loss of a sibling is a real horror. Been there. All I can say is to accept it, and cherish your memory of her.

Peace be her journey

She didn’t go anywhere, she will always be in your life. That’s the mark of a great life. We should all have a sister such as yours. 

Such a wonderful photo Steve.  Two carefree kids who look like they don't have a worry in the world.  I'm awfully sorry for your loss, God bless.  

I'm sorry for your loss Steve. Life is senseless sometimes. I'm glad you got to have such a good relationship with her while she was here, and that you have fond memories that will live on. 

My deepest sympathies.  I remember when she passed.  I am glad you've learned to live on, perhaps to keep her memory alive.  I am glad you're still with us, sharing your hobbies and photos.  I worried, for a while, that we were going to lose you from the site.  And that I would lose contact with a good friend.

May your memories of her comfort you and may your life honor her.

Hi Steve,

I remember when your sister passed, we chatted back and forth a little about it.  I feel the same way about it 3 years (going on 4 for me) one minute it feels like 30 seconds and 30 yrs the next.  I share you sentiment about learning to live with it (most days).  I don't think I'll ever get "over it" though. Not sure I want to get over it, to much of me is wrapped up in it.  Anyway I'm glad you are doing well and are moving in positive directions.

Swamp