Fly Tying
Mark Knapp

My 61 Birthday

On my 61 birthday I had a stroke. After bringing me back to life in Fairbanks they Mediflighted me to Anchorage where I have been recuperatining. Early this week I have open heart surgery to fix a valve. Hopefully, if all goes well, I'll be back home and back on the forums by end of next week. See you then.

Oh jeez Mark I hate to hear that. I was wondering the other day where you had been but figured you were prob off on a fishing trip somewhere. You will be in my thoughts & prayers for a very quick and successful surgery this week. Hope they get you feeling better than ever once you get it over with bud.

Sorry to hear this.  Pay attention to what the doctors have to say, and get better soon.

Whoa buddy. I guess we almost lost you. Looking forward to seeing you back on your feet

Happy birthday! Despite everything thrown your way, you made it another year and lived another day. That’s  a net gain in my book. Time to get well and build on the positives. Wishing you a speedy and healthy recovery, 

Sorry to hear this, Mark.  Best of luck on the operation and Godspeed to your recovery.  

That has to be the worst birthday present I have ever heard of! 

Here's to a speedy recovery and a lot more birthdays in your future!!!

Mark I'm terribly sorry you're going through all this.  I will be praying for your fast recovery.   Get well soon!

Mark

we are sorry to hear about what you are going through. We look forward to your recovery and many more years of pictures from your fishing trips. 

Hopping for a good and speedy recovery for you Mark, what a shitty thing to happen on you're birthday to boot. Happy birthday Mark

Mark, our prayers and thought are with you. Sounds like they have a plan for your recovery keep us posted.

It's been a couple of years now since my heart surgery.  Take advantage of the nurse's attention while you're in the hospital.  At our age, it's unlikely we'll ever see that kind of female interest in our well being again!

My sincerest well wishes for an uncomplicated surgery and a speedy recovery.  I also truly hope you don't have any lingering effects from the stroke.