Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

Local creek today

Went to a local creek today for a couple hours to make sure the new waders don't leak before I leave on my extended fishing trip North in a few weeks. Pulled streamer for a bit and got a couple small browns, missed a decent brown that looked to be around a foot or so long, caught about a 13-14" largemouth, saw a trio of 7-8lb steelhead on a bed which is cool to see this late in the year on that stream, saw some deer and other wildlife and not many other people around. All in all a pretty nice time.

2fS4Pw6.jpg
PORjkus.jpg
LEkbWEN.jpg
tmPqnuZ.jpg

Great afternoon. No leaks in the waders? Do you have the GPS coordinates for the stream? j/k 😁

That's a great afternoon in my book- Browns and Largemouth in the same water is rare around these parts.

Looks like your local stream is a good reason NOT to take the trip!  Kidding, of course, as I know this is an annual pilgrimage for you. 

In my attempts at destination fishing trips, I always see places closer and never make it to the end destination.  That little creek is exactly the kind of place that would convince me there's no need to travel any farther away !!!

On 5/18/2022 at 7:55 AM, DFoster said:

That's a great afternoon in my book- Browns and Largemouth in the same water is rare around these parts.

Yeah, what a great combo that’s not very common around my way. 

They weren't actually in the exact same water. The stream flows through downtown Rochester, so I start fishing the stream and wade my way downstream, then when you get into downtown there's a pond about 20ft off the stream behind the local police station which is open to fishing and has the bass/bluegills/crappie in the pond. So I always take a few casts in the pond when I get to it to see if any of the bass are interested, then cross back over to the stream and keep working my way down.