Fly Tying
fishingbobnelson

Hoppers, Beetles and Ants, Oh My - Flies are in the Mail

Apparently I suffered a seizure or hallucination and signed up somehow?

I guess, as Aesop predicted, all of the early tiers will do ants and fittingly, I will do a grasshopper. July 10th is the due date Bob? 12th? 

Hey folks don't forget my birthday on 7/11

I sent out some of my high floating catepillars your way. The thing with these cats is that there is a strip of 2mm foam wrapped under the body. This should give them the bouyancy to float one of those ants down under it. Find tree branches sticking out over the water, throw these cats with an ant or beetle hanging under it and maybe get yourself a double. Maybe most catepillars don't have chopper mandibles but in OK there are mutants everywhere. 

DSCF7115.JPG

On 6/9/2022 at 12:52 PM, vicrider said:

I sent out some of my high floating catepillars your way. The thing with these cats is that there is a strip of 2mm foam wrapped under the body. This should give them the bouyancy to float one of those ants down under it. Find tree branches sticking out over the water, throw these cats with an ant or beetle hanging under it and maybe get yourself a double. Maybe most catepillars don't have chopper mandibles but in OK there are mutants everywhere. 

DSCF7115.JPG

These hungry hungry caterpillars arrived yesterday 🐟😎