Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
mikechell

Tropical Storm Alex and the hurricane season

I live 30 miles north of Orlando.  We got some (very little) winds and misting rain from Alex.  I truly hope all you members who live south of me made it through the flooding okay.

Consider this an "early warning" system and be sure to stock up and prepare for the next one.  Based on all predictions, there WILL be a next one for Florida this year ... probably several.

I'm in N Ft Myers.  Less than 4" of rain and some breezy weather was it.  We had more rain and wind during a thunder storm a week and a half ago.  Not that I'm complaining, not at all.  Some areas to the south got a bit more rain with some "flooding", again I've seen worse from afternoon storms over a couple of days.  I'm sure that anyone that had some of that flooding or had a tree limb fall on their lanai would disagree with me but this was a like driving over a possum that the fully loaded dump truck in front of you plowed over first.  All in all we got lucky and then some.

Swamp