Fly Tying
flytire

My refrigerator.....

,,,,is 💩💩the 🛏️

after 15 years its dying a slow death

new ones arent cheap $$$$

That sucks. We got a new one @ 5 years ago, between $7-800.  Our old one was 20 + years old and worked fine, but I knew it was only a matter of time, so I kept my eye on the sales.  Summer rolled around and Lowe's was having a crazy sale, I pounced.

Good luck. 

Oh man...I know what you are going through. Last fall ours gave up the ghost and we found delivery delays were close to 3, even 4 months for some models. We worked with a local appliance company and found what we needed and it was in place in 3 days.

Good luck!!!
George

That sucks Norm.  When you get the replacement I hope you save a little $$ on your electric bill. 

1 hour ago, The Mad Duck said:

Do NOT get a Samsung

Wonder how many are made in the same factory.

The Samsung we have is a large piece of fecal matter. We have sunk close to $1000 in repairs on this POS. The issue is well known and Samsung refuses to acknowledge the issue. They designed the freezer/icemaker badly and the ice maker will die after a couple of years, Hence the repairs. There is a class action lawsuit on this issue and still Samsung refuses to do anything

I got a 21.4 cu ft whirlpool side by side refrigerator on sale for $1498 + $40 to haul the old one away. I don’t have to haul it to the land fill or wherever old junk goes to rust away or to have to remove the freon

i live in a mobile home so I couldn’t get a big fancy refrigerator that might not fit in the area of the old one.

21.4 cu ft is what I currently have now

there are some fancy refrigerators out there

Within a few days of receiving an FPL surge protection insurance fee of an additional about $11.00 storms interrupted service & had to move food to a beverage frig in the garage as temps went down to 30 in the freezer & 50 in the fridge . Now freezer was back to -4 while fridge dropped back to 36. Now it's the freezer up to 10 & fridge 43 as doubt the insurance was little more than pay more for what's always been in previous bills. 

The freezer side working great the fridge side not so much

its 15 years old

i had to replace the motherboard, circulating fan that hums like a freight train and the defrosting elements

a new fridge will be worth it 

1 hour ago, flytire said:

there are some fancy refrigerators out there

Yep and the price is jaw dropping. Every time I go Lowes to get pvc to ship rods in I have to walk past the row of refrigerators. The price goes up as you get closer to the one end and some of them suckers are $5k or more 😵 I've bought some damn nice cars for less than that lol

Me and wheezy have done the refrigerator reversal. We no longer look for whiz bang. We don’t need a fridge that comes with an app, see through doors, water or ice dispenser, wine compartment, coffee maker in the door and whatever other dumb ideas are out there. Side by sides are out. My last purchase is a single door fridge with the freezer on the bottom. Plain and simple. If you want water there’s a faucet at the sink and a water cooler in the corner. At 1400 bucks for a cheap one I’m hoping my current fridge outlasts me.