Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
niveker

Green Caddis Outfitters hooks $2/25 packs

I prefer their barbless hooks, but have not had an issue with either their barbed or barbless and I have been using them for a few years.   I like them also for their black finish.  

My only complaint is that they're generally out of stock when I need a particular size. I've taken to checking periodically and ordering a stash when they have them. They don't have jig hooks, but I found a suitably cheap supplier on eBay.

Agreed, most of their wet fly hooks have been out of stock recently.

Wholesale Fly Company has good jig hooks for very reasonable prices. 

the straight shank hooks i got were actually curved and they werent scud hooks

not again

I have to say that I have been very pleased with my experience with Green Caddis Outfitters hooks.

Thanks for the tip.  I just bought several packs.  I explained to my wife how much I saved and she was "thrilled."

On 7/1/2022 at 10:27 AM, DarrellP said:

I have to say that I have been very pleased with my experience with Green Caddis Outfitters hooks.

Thanks for the tip.  I just bought several packs.  I explained to my wife how much I saved and she was "thrilled."

Glad you enjoy the hooks. I founded this site 19 years ago(if you can believe that) as well as GCO. I can't fish like I once did because of physical limitations but try to stay included by continuing to run this site for everyone to enjoy. 

Awesomeness!  In need of more hooks and this fits the budget for sure- thanks for sharing!

14 hours ago, smalliehunter said:

Glad you enjoy the hooks. I founded this site 19 years ago(if you can believe that) as well as GCO. I can't fish like I once did because of physical limitations but try to stay included by continuing to run this site for everyone to enjoy. 

Thank you for founding this site.  The community is great.  I am on here daily.   I did not know who founded it.

As to your hooks, I use them for the vast majority  of my trout flies.  I have found the quality to be very, very good.