Fly Tying
Patriot

Solarez flashlight issue

For some reason my trusty Solarez UV flashlight began to blink, so I changed the batteries.  No change, it still continued to blink with fresh 3.24V batteries then just quit altogether.  It is acting like the batteries are dead, but they are brand new so that is not the problem.  This flashlight is several years old.

I searched the web for some help and drew a blank.  Has anyone else had this issue and if so, how did you rectify it?  

I really hate to have to replace this expensive flashlight so I hope there is a simple solution.

Thanks!

I've had that problem.  My initial venture into using UV resin was with CCG UV resin.  I brought the flashlight after several years it died on me.  I 've tried to revive it but no luck so far.  I have three other lights, one is a Solarez, the others I picked up at Harbor Freight and Lowe's plus a plug in lamp I picked up at Michael's.  The flashlights run on AAA batteries.  I have to change them fairly regularly, but I buy the AAA batteries bulk at BJ's.

@Philly

Thanks for sharing your experience.

The reviews for this same UV light on AZ are not stellar by any stretch.  Some folks obviously do not understand the resin from their comments so will ignore those.  Others claim shoddy construction, so perhaps they have out-sourced it.  Who knows?

Came across this light on AZ.  Its reviews were very good.  Cost is half of the Solarez tube @ $26. Does not say what batteries it uses.  

Think I will sleep on it.  I use UV resin for nearly every fly I tie. 

Thanks for your help.

get this one from amazon

1pEqaET.jpg

Amazon.com: LE Black Light Flashlight, Small UV Lights with 21 LEDs, 395nm, Ultraviolet Light Detector for Invisible Ink Pens, Pet Dog Cat Urine Stain and More, AAA Batteries Included : Pet Supplies

i have it and it has worked perfectly for years

i dont believe in buying uv brand specific uv flashlight as they overprice them $$$ when they buy them from asia for $

3 hours ago, The Mad Duck said:

Tried replacing the bulb?

Good idea.  Not certain, but I will look into that.

Thanks.

37 minutes ago, Patriot said:

@flytire

Got it!  I just ordered two.

What do you want on your pizza?

Appreciate your help.

pepperoni and onions 👍

@flytire

Thanks for sharing the Amazon link.  I'm just about ready to try some UV.  Wife is getting upset that her clear nail polish is always "missing".

3 minutes ago, Squeezy said:

@flytire

Thanks for sharing the Amazon link.  I'm just about ready to try some UV.  Wife is getting upset that her clear nail polish is always "missing".

get solarez bone dry uv resin. i think its the best

yqbuCFu.jpg

That's what I was looking at actually.  Saw a few Youtube(ers) that I've been watching utilize it.