Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Well yet again I can never sit still, way too much of my Grandpa Murphy in me. He always had to be doing something. Spent the past 5 days working about 10hrs per day redoing the gun room. Ran out of room so needed to extend the slatwall. So figured while I had it all torn apart I would redo the entire area and make it much bigger and much more "clean/classy" looking. So extended the walls by 7ft, painted it all flat gray, redid the floor a black marble tile, redid the desk all gray, added more lighting, and finished getting my reloading area set up so I can start reloading this week. I'm gonna say I'm "done" but anyone that knows me knows that's a damn lie. One thing I may do is add another steel door. Already have steel reinforced doors, but kicking around the idea of adding a 2nd one at the bottom of the stairs just to be double safe.

NTqWEGw.jpg

WuN5aZO.jpg

0eAeTWK.jpg

oQmWd9Z.jpg

mkQC5Pu.jpg

au3i486.jpg

GgiWOND.jpg

IYyrCxK.jpg

coA393R.jpg

afHRWf0.jpg

Thanks Greg. I wasn't sure at first about doing it all gray/blk, but I think now that its done and "de-clutered" I'm much more happy with it I think.

A picture of a  Canadian fantasy. Sorry if it triggers the non political guidelines. What's the lever with the full length tubular magazine?

Les

Okay ... first thing, that looks very well organized and tidy.  No offense meant, Steve, to me  more than two rifles just looks like a huge waste of money.

1 hour ago, Lesg said:

A picture of a  Canadian fantasy. Sorry if it triggers the non political guidelines. What's the lever with the full length tubular magazine?

Les

That's okay lol. I withwith hold my thoughts on the PM in Ca ;)

Thats a Winchester Centennial 66 (produced in 1966). That gun was given to my Dad by my Mom on their 2nd wedding anniversary. That gun has a value of about $600, but to me, It's priceless. I am actually the only person to ever shoot it. My Dad never even did.

On 8/2/2022 at 8:17 PM, mikechell said:

Okay ... first thing, that looks very well organized and tidy.  No offense meant, Steve, to me  more than two rifles just looks like a huge waste of money.

No offense taken bud. You know people like you & I don't take "offense" easily. I get ya. But saying you "don't need more than one or two of anything/is a waste"..could be true of everything we enjoy in life, be it tools, cars, pets, fishing rods/gear, TV's in your house...really whatever you may get into as enjoyment. You cant really apply a minimalist thought process upon a collection, just will never work, the two things can't exist in the same sphere.  If guns aren't your thing then you won't fully appreciate them for the reasons I do. To you they may only be tools. To me, they are tools but also things to enjoy, build/customize, and get relaxation from, the more the better, each is different than others for various reasons. Have enjoyed firearms my whole life and the older I get the more I get into it. My Dad got me into rifles when I was young. He had many, and he use to reload as well as had a "Gun area" in our basement for his rifles. So That prob has something to do with my love of them. And now the older I get the more I am getting into them. As well as just my being constitutionalist and supporting 2A. (without getting too political)

So no prob bud. All good ;)

4 hours ago, Steeldrifter said:

That's okay lol. I withwith hold my thoughts on the PM in Ca ;)

Thats a Winchester Centennial 66 (produced in 1966). That gun was given to my Dad by my Mom on their 2nd wedding anniversary. That gun has a value of about $600, but to me, It's priceless. I am actually the only person to ever shoot it. My Dad never even did.

I'll withhold my thoughts as well. Wayyy too political. LOL.  It's just that rifle reminds me of an old Marlin 38/55 that was handed down to me. A bit older though. Engraved on the receiver it says black powder only. Not sure of the year.

Les

On 8/2/2022 at 10:23 PM, Lesg said:

It's just that rifle reminds me of an old Marlin 38/55 that was handed down to me

Marlins are nice. I have two Marlin rifles. A Marlin 39A Golden Eagle lever action 22. and  a Marlin M4 semi auto 22. Both were handed down to me by my Dad before he passed of cancer back in the late 90's and were originally gifts from my mom to my Dad in their early years of marriage. So have very sentimental value to me. If you look at my pics, the lower two on the left are them (Marlins).

Pretty cool design! No 7.62 x39 though? I guess you are not a fan of AKs from the looks of it 😄
Got myself an Arsenal's Ak-74 in 7.62x39 from https://gritrsports.com/shooting/firearms/rifles/7-62x39-rifles/ , so much fun to shoot. Ammo been kinda a struggle though since I'm not a fan of ordering online

Really cool man cave you got there!

Thanks. well....I am a fan for sure, ak's,  actually been thinking lately about maybe picking one up. PSA keeps running deals on them where they sell an AK with a 9mm PSA dagger for $899. I already have the PSA Dagger, but it's getting harder and harder to resist an Ak and another Dagger for that price lol https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ak-103-gf3-forged-rifle-psa-dagger-compact-9mm-fde.html

Only reason why I haven't yet is if I get an AK, I kind of want the old school wood stock and not really that new poly/plastic one.

Just now, Steeldrifter said:

Only reason why I haven't yet is if I get an AK, I kind of what the old school wood stocks and not really that new poly/plastic ones

Yeah, I had same problem. Ended up just getting custom made redwood furniture and stock. PSAK is definitely worth to get for that money! Palmetto makes decent quality AKs, some of my friends have those. I went with K-USA - was decent middle of the pack AK, nothing spectacular(not like you getting AK for some flashy stuff after all).

Good to hear PSA has good quality AK's. I like most their  stuff, I have their 9mm Dagger, two Ar15, Ar10, 12AK, and a few other 12g's, like their stuff, plus being USA made in SC is great IMO, So ...I keep looking at their AK's but just have not pulled the trigger yet (no pun intended) but I just might soon for one of their Ak's. Another issue that has kept me from buying one is my two main local ranges, they wont let 7.62's on the range😒 No idea why..because I can take my .308, 30.06 and others there.

Just now, Steeldrifter said:

Another issue that has kept me from buying one is my two main local ranges, they wont let 7.62's on the range😒 No idea why..because I can take my .308, 30.06 and others there.

This makes no sense 😰 And if you still worried about stock and furniture - look up Boyds ones. Pretty decent stocks in my experience. PSA AK's are miles better than stuff like Century(excluding their exported ones), and Century been making AKs for a while now. Kinda impressive how quick PSA got good at making those