Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
bullhead

Wading boot cleats

Hi All, Anyone use Kold Kutter cleats for slippery rocks. Simms brand are to spendy for me. I have tried size 8 sheet metal screws and was not satisfied with them.

Bullhead. 

I use 3/8" Kold Kutters in my soles on my Korkers. Work very well. I have about 20 or so in each sole. They hold up pretty well even if you walk on concrete a bit. I usually only have to replace a few each season.

We don't use any cleats because we use a lot of rubber boats here. It's against the law to use felt because of fear of spreading invasive species. T^hose are the only two drawbacks to living in Alaska that I can think of. ( Mike Chell). We have calks we can slip over regular waders when we are wading.

I have used Kold Kutters for a lot of years and mostly use 3/8 on thinner soled boots and 1/2 on thicker soled. I only use them on rubber soled wading boots though. 

On 8/7/2022 at 12:03 PM, Mark Knapp said:

We don't use any cleats because we use a lot of rubber boats here. It's against the law to use felt because of fear of spreading invasive species. Those are the only two drawbacks to living in Alaska that I can think of. ( Mike Chell). We have calks we can slip over regular waders when we are wading.

😆

Oh ... I can think of hundreds more !!!

😉