Hook - TMC 7999 or equivalent

Thread - Orange

Eyes – Silver bead chain

Tail - Orange bucktail

Body – Silver Bill’s body braid

Collar – Orange hen

5 hours ago, flytire said:

Comet

I like that, especially that long tail. Interesting position on the beadchain eyes.

Good question - it looks odd I think because I just finished tying a bunch of Clousers for my brother, where the beadchain eyes and tail are on opposite sides of the shank.  

No I wasn't saying you tied it wrong, of course.  I was just saying it looked odd after tying Clousers, which I tied correctly by the way, including going light on the bucktail. Tying the Clousers and thinking about how they look in the water, got me to thinking what inverts the hook, the bead chain eyes or the buoyancy of the bucktail on the inside of the hook, I think it's the bucktail, not the bead chain eyes. So when I saw the Comet, with the bead chain eyes and the bucktail on the same side of the hook shank, it made me wonder which one would win out, the buoyancy of the bucktail or the weight of the bead chain eye. Maybe the point is mute since the Comet's bucktail is tied as a true tail at the back of the hook shank. 

In any case it's a lovely tie and when I have a free moment I am going to tie some up and test my theory.

Looks like the comets in the Steelhead book (Trey Combs).  Great tie.  

Perhaps both the deer hair and the eyes invert a Clouser.