Fly Tying
Johnw1986

Sports swap

Hey I had a problem with the original set of flies.  A replacement set will be delivered to the USPS counter morning of the 25th

USPS is in possession of this batch USPS Tracking 9400109205568877508194.  This one was challenging. Getting tented wings ala Glasso with hackle tips was more difficult for me than using bronze mallard.  Also with a do over I got about $30 into this one.  The steelhead irons are running about $1/each plus shipping.  I think they're usable flies though.  Thanks for everyone's patience.  Swapmeister please keep the spares. 

Silver & Black Spey

• Hook: #1 Daiichi 2161 (Heavy Steelhead Iron)
  • Thread: Grey
  • Body:  Back half - Bright Silver floss; Front half – Black Ice Dub
  • Rib: Silver Oval Tinsel
  • Hackle: Black Schlappen; Guinea Fowl
  • Wing: 4 Grizzley Hackle Tips tented(ish) 
  • Collar: Gadwall or Teal or Mallard flank (I pulled from a mixed bag of feathers)

Raider Spey 2.jpg

The first batch was this style:

Fly Image.jpg

I keep razor blades at my bench to shred flies.  Many many get scrapped clean and hooks reused.  Of course the trash looks like I shaved an animal or plucked a bird.

JohnW; If possible wait another few days before mailing out the flies.  It ends up the first set is on its way.  Should see it Wednesday.

On 11/1/2022 at 8:39 AM, Johnw1986 said:

I’m wIting on cencalfly other set to arrive and then I’ll be shipping them

The USPS says it's in Florida as of 1:30 this morning. USPS Tracking 9400109205568898459376

I put a few Triangle Bugs and a couple soft hackles in there for you.  Might be able to use as a Dry-Dropper setup.

Triangle Bug.jpg