Fly Tying
chugbug27

Good Free Shipping Deals

Most online fly shops do free shipping, but only over a certain minimum (sometimes $35 or $50, sometimes $100 or more), and most charge anywhere from $6 or $7 to $12 or more for shipping for orders under the minimum.

Some do much better than that, but the deals change. Some offer free shipping on all orders only for a short time, etc.

This thread is to reference the best current shipping deals. If you run across a particularly good "free shipping" situation during your online travails with a shop you've had a good experience with, post it here. 

I'll start with AnglersAll.com, which presently has free shipping on all orders over $10. That's pretty darned good. (Lightweight orders under $10 are also not high, mine would have been $3.58; and orders over $50 get free priority USPS shipping; oversize orders not included.)

@chugbug27 I was gonna say anglers all. Of course they're about a 10 minute drive from home so I never get hit for shipping.  Avid max is free on $25+

Supposedly free shipping on all US orders.  I have no affiliation with this shop and have never even ordered from them before but just saw this recently.  Please let me know what kind of service you may have received if you have ordered from them in the past.  Thanks.

https://olefloridaflyshop.com/ 

Ole Florida has a good reputation locally...

For me, the shipping costs for heavy items in the recent past has turned problematic if Fed Ex or UPS are the shippers my suppliers are using (costs doubled and more in the past two or three years). 

Of course, unlike fly tyers, I"m ordering lead head hooks (jig heads) by the 1000... as well as trailer parts that turn into high dollar shipping charges even when only using economy shipping.  I've found that actually the post office, believe it or not, has the best shipping rates for heavy items... Their Priority shipping box rates ("if it fits it ships"  is how they do it with three different box sizes regardless of weight...) work out to be half of what I was having to pay for the same goods from UPS...   I  know that these days some parts of the country have postal troubles but so far none of my lure customers have had the slightest problem with packages I've shipped postal.  And for packages I'm receiving the cost is quite a bit less than UPS - and much much quicker using those Priority boxes... 

Chugbug27, thanks for the heads up on the free shipping.  Just ordered some Oros strike indicators.  Only place I have found that sells them individually.   Hope they work as advertised.

free shipping isnt any good if the materials you want are not in stock

i'll gladly pay shipping if the retailer has what i need/want

Not free shipping, so delete if it doesn't belong:

The Mad Scientist is having a closeout sale on some items over at flytyersdungeon.com

i decided to buy a Renzetti Presentation vice (and a couple of other tools that weren't in the kit).  it cost enough, i hope i like it