Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
softhackle

What was the last fly you tied?

QUOTE (steeldrifter @ May 25 2005, 05:49 PM)
Sulphur duns last night, getting ready for this weekend. tying another dozen tonight both traditional and parachute style, then some mahoganys.

Where you headed this weekend SD?

Last flies I tied were bead head little black caddis flies. They are hatching on the Rogue here in Grand Rapids, MI like crazy right now. I tied them on a #18 scud hook.

Last week I was tying some salt water stuff for a surf fishing tourney I was in last saturday. Now I'm tying some shad flies(flies to catch shad) since I'll be fishing the upper Delaware the weekend after Memorial Day. Once the shad flies are done some foam mayflies are on the agenda.

I just tied up a dozen Fluorescent yellow Stimulators. The stone flies around here are starting to come off a little and these stimulators are awesome on the cutthroats. yahoo.gif I tied up a dozen cause the cutts chew them to pieces. They will continue to hit them when they are close to being a bare hook but they don't float very well.

Addict

Size 16 bead eye scuds.. olive..with flash... I have boxes and boxes full of 12-16-18 trying to get them out on the water..

A dozen CDC&Elk for Paul Dieter's "Al Campbell Memorial" initiative.

next up will be more CDC&Elk, as I will surely be using plenty of them on my trip to Slovenia early June! cool.gif

Cheers,

Hans W

I tied up 18 BWO CDC emergers with biot bodies on #16's A couple for me and the rest part of an order. Tying the same in #18's tonight.

I'm tying for my trip to Nova Scotia, so I just completed a bunch of Cossebooms and I'm starting on some Big Intervale Blues. I also have a half finished Green Highlander that I has to get done.

Bullet head hoppers, Had to finish up a swap on this forum.

Before that, the only thing I tied were the guides on my first rod project. I almost tied a snake guide on the last hopper pattern. Life is getting confusing.

Conehead

(Gotta love thread)

Just finished the last Epoxy Baitfish Streamer for a swap at 615am this morning.

Next project is some 18 and 20 parachute BWOs--then Klinkhaamers--then some more Soft hackles

For me it's salmon flies, green stone flies to be exact. Getting ready for Gaspe in a week.

Hey TroutBum, when do you leave for Nova Scotia? Hope you do well!

Charlie.

I'm running low on Crayfish patterns so I tied a few last night and plan on getting a bunch done tonight. I got tomorrow through monday off so there is gonna be alot of fishing getting done in the next 4 days. headbang.gif