Fly Tying
fishingbobnelson

10th Annual Caddis for Christmas swap - In the Mail

Jburge and Johnw's flies arrived today.  Still waiting on Troutguy's entry. 

I also wanted to share with you that I have been having some issues with my heart and am seeing some kind of medical professional every day this week.  When Bob's flies arrive, I will do my best to get them to the PO right away.  Thanks for understanding.

Sorry, mine are on their way. Merry Christmas! I was waiting to complete something for Santa. 

When you open the box you will understand 

Bob, I don't ice fish that often - with my casting skills I always had trouble hitting the hole!  You take care of your health first, then the swap can follow.  Take care my friend!

Kim

Caddis

Fish dry or wet 

Body - Romanian mohair and silk yarn stolen from wife. Wrap with porcupine guard hair to segment.

Wings - Sharptail grouse body feather 

Hackle - Raccoon face hair in dubbing loop 

Hook - Mustad caddis

Sorry for my delay

5573BE0D-B06D-4149-92DF-E4C433B36755.jpeg

67C80BC8-6249-4139-A801-D928285FD7FA.jpeg

5B048B4D-FE10-493B-B8ED-D57A49A76D9A.jpeg

21 hours ago, fishingbobnelson said:

I also wanted to share with you that I have been having some issues with my heart and am seeing some kind of medical professional every day this week.  When Bob's flies arrive, I will do my best to get them to the PO right away.  Thanks for understanding.

your heart health is a hell of a lot more important than a bunch of silly little flies

get the heart fixed and when youre ready then send out the flies

norm

53 minutes ago, troutguy said:

Caddis

Fish dry or wet 

Body - Romanian mohair and silk yarn stolen from wife. Wrap with porcupine guard hair to segment.

Wings - Sharptail grouse body feather 

Hackle - Raccoon face hair in dubbing loop 

Hook - Mustad caddis

Sorry for my delay

5573BE0D-B06D-4149-92DF-E4C433B36755.jpeg

67C80BC8-6249-4139-A801-D928285FD7FA.jpeg

5B048B4D-FE10-493B-B8ED-D57A49A76D9A.jpeg

Some fine ties and well worth the wait!  Now let's get Bob back to normal and THEN get the flies out we'll ALL be all set!  Please notice the order there Bob! 😉

Kim

Bob, I have been down the heart surgery route.  There I sat with two of the prettiest nurses on God's green earth and I was totally harmless.  Humbling!  Take care of yourself and I hope you get the great care I received!

Praying for you

OK, Troutguy's flies arrived, I will sort them this weekend and hopefully get them to the PO Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks so much for all the nice words of encouragement.  They mean more to me than you can imagine.  Happy Holidays and Tight LInes to one and all.

Flies are in the Mail along with some Mulling Mix, (for those who sent a large enough envelope) a snowflake and some Killer Bug yarn from Norm the Flytire. I have tracking numbers and will forward them by PM upon request.  Thank again for your understanding and support.  Still doing tests and appointments to find out what's next.

Thanks for hosting another great holiday swap!  And get well soon, my friend.

Kim

12 hours ago, fishingbobnelson said:

Thank again for your understanding and support. 

Thanks for running this again Bob, the varied caddis flies are always a treat to get in the mail. 

One nice feature of the Pirate Ship is that you get notified with a tracking # when the return label gets used.  

Hope everything turns out well for you. 

--Kevin