Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
SalarMan

Just Wondering

First...I am aware of the guidelines regarding what is acceptable or not on this site.

On election day (November 8th) I posted a NON-POLITICAL...NON-PARTISON...VERY BENIGN thread to encourage people to exercise their right to vote...along with a lighthearted comment about there being a full moon on that day.

Well it didn't last long before it was removed with no explanation. Not even the courtesy to say why...or a lack of nerve...over something so uncontroversial.

I guess one of the dictatorial mods didn't like it.

What about the post by "saltydancindave" regarding Veterans Day? THAT was NOT non-political or non-partison...it was anything but.

Sorry for the rant folks, but it must be the same standard for everyone.

1 hour ago, SalarMan said:

guess one of the dictatorial mods didn't like it.

First off. That's a nasty comment to say about the people that volunteer their time to give you guys a place to enjoy with zero compensation. 

Secondly.. I don't know what post you made on Nov 8th, or what post you are talking about in the Veterans Day post because I don't see that. Looks like one of the mods must have deleted it already, but I know it was not there when I replied to that post so it must have been made last night or the morning. So obviously it was not posted for more than 24hrs. So in the future you might want to give the mods here more time to see and take care of something before going off on a rant insulting them. People do have lives you know, and the mods don't spend every hour of the day on this site.

POLITICS and RELIGION are two subjects that have always been not allowed on this forum website

what you think is "NON-POLITICAL...NON-PARTISON...VERY BENIGN" quickly devolves into POLITICAL....PARTISAN and CAUSTIC postings that we dont need here

threads used to get locked up for less

yes i am the dictatorial mod that didnt like it and didnt want the thread to spiral out of control

if steeldrifter repremands me for trying to keep threads politics free than so be it

theres only one thread regarding veterans that i can see day and it wasnt started by @saltydancingdave

Veterans Day 2022 - The Lodge - Fly Tying (flytyingforum.com)

I deleted the, to me, very political, offensive post by Salty. Mods, please check the Moderators thread.

Thank you mods for all you do, I guess it’s to much ask to just stick to what this was intended ,  but you gentlemen to your best to keep it focused. I much prefer to talk about and read about everyone’s outstanding tying here.

Thank you, Mike.

22 hours ago, flytire said:

POLITICS and RELIGION are two subjects that have always been not allowed on this forum website

what you think is "NON-POLITICAL...NON-PARTISON...VERY BENIGN" quickly devolves into POLITICAL....PARTISAN and CAUSTIC postings that we dont need here

threads used to get locked up for less

yes i am the dictatorial mod that didnt like it and didnt want the thread to spiral out of control

if steeldrifter repremands me for trying to keep threads politics free than so be it

theres only one thread regarding veterans that i can see day and it wasnt started by @saltydancingdave

Veterans Day 2022 - The Lodge - Fly Tying (flytyingforum.com)

First my apologies to any mods I may have offended by the term "dictatorial". That certainty was not my intent.

Flytire - Let me try again to explain and hopefully make you understand my election day post. I DID NOT endorse any political party...I DID NOT endorse any candidate...I DID NOT espouse any political opinions. What I DID DO was encourage people to exercise one of our most coveted rights in the United States of America...VOTE!! I also tried to inject a little light humor by pointing out there was a full moon on that date. In my opinion you were wrong because there was nothing in that post outside the site's guidelines.

Steeldrifter - I notice your post were edited...specifically the A-hole reference about my mod comments. No problem...as the cliché goes...I've been called much worse by better than you.

49 minutes ago, SalarMan said:

Steeldrifter - I notice your post were edited...specifically the A-hole reference about my mod comments. No problem...as the cliché goes...I've been called much worse by better than you.

Okay, you want to play that game, keep it up and see what happens.

as i said above

voting for 2022 is over and this thread requires no further discussion