Fly Tying
Zoran

Password resets

Not sure is it on my side, but as soon as I close my browser (Google Chrome or Firefox or Edge) and want later to open site my password is invalid.

Then, I ask for password reset and after resetting I log in. If I close browser later, my password doesn't work and I have to reset again. I pick the same password and I am in. It is going on and on ...

If I keep site opened on my browser all the time, I am in. As soon as I close browser and open site again, my password is not valid.

I just did some looking in the admin panel. I am not sure exactly why that is happening, but I am going to venture a guess it is because of your IP address. As the Admin I can see all members IP addresses when I go and look for them, and honestly I have never in my life seen an IP like yours 😲 Are you logging in from a different planet? 🤣

I'll tryin see if I can figure anything out for you, but I would bet money the problem is because of your IP. I've just never in 20yrs seen one like yours before.

Lol. I am in Canada. Sometimes feels I am on different planet.

No. I see what is the issue then. I am on call this weekend and connected through VPN to my company to monitor systems. Let me log off and try.

Well ... Same thing. Now I am on my local Internet provider in Vancouver BC. Shaw Cable .

I had to reset password again to be able to respond to you. I was always wondering why you have one or two members presented at Who Is Online and hundred of guests. Maybe people just gave up on reseting passwords?

This reply is from my iPhone 12. Service provider is Telus in Vancouver BC. I was asked to reset password to be able to log in using iPhone.

After the post I will logoff and close my browser on phone. Then try to log in with password I just reset.

Same thing from iPhone 12 and different Internet provider. I had to rest password to make this entry. I keep entering the same password as NEW and it is accepted. First I tried different and same outcome.

Hope this helps in troubleshooting.

On 11/12/2022 at 3:38 PM, Zoran said:

Lol. I am in Canada. Sometimes feels I am on different planet.

No. I see what is the issue then. I am on call this weekend and connected through VPN to my company to monitor systems. Let me log off and try.

When you made that post above, the IP you have while logged in under your work VPN looks normal, then your IP from the rest of the posts was that real long crazy looking one again. Do me a favor and when you get a chance, log back in under your Work one, then leave the site and come back and see if it lets you back in or not while under that work one.

Thank you.

This morning everything is fine and I logged in correctly. I was about to send message to thank you for helping me. It could be a glitch. I am happy all is well and looking forward to contribute to forum.