Fly Tying
Trouttramp

The challenge thread!

34 minutes ago, Sandan said:

Nice job poopdeck. That was a quick pick up squeezy.

Testing my skills. Headed out to chase timber goats this afternoon and figured I’ll be up and wanting to tie after freezing in the timber, plus I’ve wanted to give more foam a shot. Good chance I’ll brutally screw it up, but one has to try right?

Well no luck in the timber- saw a lone yearling and a doe with her 2 closely following. Sure was frigid this evening. 

Here is my Charlie Boy Hopper. Also tied one in a dark brown with yellow legs and bleached deer hair. 

The next fly is:  Mop Fly

10DA8FEF-1A0D-42DC-8B95-B244C4AC9828.jpeg

9329BE85-EFFD-41DA-903B-63BC51A01755.jpeg

Thank you gentlemen. I really liked tying that fly. I’m assuming I could up the hook and go to 3mm or glue 2ea 2mm sheets and make a larger version for bass. 

3 hours ago, Squeezy said:

Thank you gentlemen. I really liked tying that fly. I’m assuming I could up the hook and go to 3mm or glue 2ea 2mm sheets and make a larger version for bass. 

I got skunked elk hunting this year. Nice ties. The Charlie boy and Charlie baby boy are two of my go to hopper patterns. 

57 minutes ago, niveker said:

Bump for any takers on the challenge of the mop fly.  

Hate em won't tie em. That's just how I roll

I can post some mops.  I too don’t do them anymore.  I didn’t like the sogginess and missed strikes.  Some peeps like em. But here’s a CaddisPupa, DrownedHopper, and some lil bright deals for gills. 

F826D8DB-81C4-43FD-A1E0-FD98A5A8E1BB.jpeg

FC754C53-E03B-4BF8-81E7-16426EFA9861.jpeg

0CA15B3E-6060-4CD4-B110-0692734473B0.jpeg

if this flies with youse guys, I’ll suggest something pretty.  RoyalCoachman...dry , wet, streamer whatever or all three 😳

17 minutes ago, Sandan said:

Hate em won't tie em. That's just how I roll

LOL -  I'll occasionally tie one on for warm water, they can get clunky though.  

1 hour ago, denduke said:

I can post some mops.  I too don’t do them anymore.  I didn’t like the sogginess and missed strikes.  Some peeps like em. But here’s a CaddisPupa, DrownedHopper, and some lil bright deals for gi
if this flies with youse guys, I’ll suggest something pretty.  RoyalCoachman...dry , wet, streamer whatever or all three 😳

I’ll give this one a shot

4 minutes ago, dflanagan said:

I’ll give this one a shot

There we go!  Looking forward to seeing the tie!