Fly Tying
George Carson

Snowrunner/Nayat

Does any one know what snow runner/Nayat/Polar goat is?  From what I can tell its just Icelandic sheep hair?  Anyone have any input other that the usual BS in descriptions from retailers?  You would think it comes from unicorns with the proprietary secrecy you find on the internet...

I have no input, but wanted to thank you for the chuckle I just had with "Comes from a unicorn".  

When a company sells something they can spin a web of nonsense and we are suppose to just buy it?  That link is typical of what I am referring to.  See the imaginary creature in the picture?  It might even be Sasquatch or Yeti hair - obviously they are not telling!

I am intrigued now. Here in canada we do not have a lot of scammers. I would call Jaap and Roanne Kalkman
Skeena River Fly Supply Owners and ask. This could be fun!

I guess in store they repackaged it and created some mythical creature as packaging label. Maybe even granddaughter created that label for fun. lol.

2 hours ago, George Carson said:

It might even be Sasquatch or Yeti hair

This is expensive stuff. 🙂 I guess it is good. Sasquatch or Yeti hair here in Canada is much cheaper.

42 minutes ago, Zoran said:

Unfortunately it is not unicorn.

Too bad, I heard you could tie some really fine flies with unicorn wool before they became extinct.  

I have in my possession Heritage brand Snow runner, Hareline Polar Goat Hair, and Canadian Tube Fly Co. Snow Runner they are ALL very different hair.  Hence why I would like to know what I have before me before I sink more money in samples of stuff I don't even know what I am buying.  I have spent a lot of time going through posts on the internet (Google) going back over 10 years (including the ones referenced here and other fishing forums).   I am still scratching my head why there is so much lack of concrete information and it is starting to remind me on the Temple Dog mystery of the past.    I don't know if its a goat, pony, or sheep, Artic or Tropical but it really does look like the picture of  Susquatch hair that flytire posted!

Looks like some kind of demonic pygmy sheep with a really good head of hair.

Snowrunner_Category_1084x1084.thumb.jpg.65b4816ed3f3536360ccb0ff6ce3e2ad.jpg

Your post got me googling, and it really is bizarre. The only references are to using the hair as a fly tying material. Couldn't find any other reference to this alleged Canadian beast of the field. Maybe someone was able to cross breed a polar bear with an Arctic fox and isn't sure if that would be legal to sell?

@George Carson Now you are on hook to buy few packages and tie one fly for us. 🤪

Note:
I know funds are often not available but perhaps you can scrap few dollars?