Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
DarrellP

Hooks

I ordered Sproat (3366) general purpose, duratin O'Shaughnessy's for the salt and wide gap (37160) early today (4 a.m.), suspect they started to go fast didn't need any of the classic style I probably have enough for the rest of my life.

Just placed an order with Wholesale Fly Company.  Looking forward to trying barbless for the first time.  So fun when the wife says, "Order some stuff so I can put it in your stocking".  

4 minutes ago, denduke said:

Maybe I can help?

I should probably find a few non-fishing related items just to stay out of the dog house!  Plus, generally speaking, tying items are on the small side and we have rather oversized stockings - may need to ball up some wrapping paper or I'm going to go broke!

2 hours ago, Squeezy said:

Just placed an order with Wholesale Fly Company.  Looking forward to trying barbless for the first time.  So fun when the wife says, "Order some stuff so I can put it in your stocking".  

She's a keeper my wife breaks out in a cold sweat when I say I'm going to place an order or go to a show😄

I ask my wife to buy me the stuff I should, but don’t, buy with the money I spend on fishing gear. Stuff like socks, underwear, ties and shirts with collars. After all you actually do use socks and underwear while fishing, well at least I do. 

2 hours ago, cphubert said:

She's a keeper my wife breaks out in a cold sweat when I say I'm going to place an order or go to a show😄

That’s how I am with my wife’s woodworking hobby / now small business. Easy to to buy for her and we can both use it (if she lets me). Tell ya what though, her router bit wish list is getting rather shocking. Thinking by next year I’ll be able to add a new fly rod for a stocking stuffer 😜

Just got a email from togens 25% off there hooks , good time to get some hooks if you buy them from there.

This week, get 25% off all Togen Hooks.

Use code: BOXING at checkout

Get a free Silicone Fly Box & free shipping with your order of $150+.