Fly Tying
SalarMan

TRV Vise Part

I saw a TRV on that auction site, and it has a interesting handle on the spinning wheel.

It is not available on the HMH site...so I was wondering...does anyone out there know where to find one?

George

TRV Handle (2).jpg

The rod is available from HMH.  I bought on last month.  Didn't always have them but they do now. About $20.  I ordered it over the phone.

Thanks guys!!

Niveker - I didn't see anything like this on HMH's site

Flytire - I was going to contact Mark anyway about his recent heart surgery...and I'll ask him about that finger bar.

Gene L - I'll also give Jon Larrabee at HMH a shout.

George

I've always wanted one of  the HMH vises. With one of Mark's handles it would be a great purchase. I didn't know Mark had an operation. Mark , I hope it was a complete success and you're feeling well.

8 hours ago, SalarMan said:

I saw a TRV on that auction site, and it has a interesting handle on the spinning wheel.

It is not available on the HMH site...so I was wondering...does anyone out there know where to find one?

George

TRV Handle (2).jpg

Thanks Norm, and everybody. I made several of the brass "T" bars when I got my vise. I have some left. they fit the 3/16 threaded hole on the vise handle. Let me know if you want noe and where to send it.

4 hours ago, Mark Knapp said:

Thanks Norm, and everybody. I made several of the brass "T" bars when I got my vise. I have some left. they fit the 3/16 threaded hole on the vise handle. Let me know if you want noe and where to send it.

I'm in for one Mark. I'll email you my address...and THANK YOU in advance.

14 hours ago, SalarMan said:

I'm in for one Mark. I'll email you my address...and THANK YOU in advance.

It's on the way.

20 hours ago, Mark Knapp said:

Just for my non machinist clarification is it a 3/16 rod with a 10-32 thread? I read somewhere the threaded hole in the knob was 10-32 which would be cut on a 3/16 rod. 

32 minutes ago, Poopdeck said:

Just for my non machinist clarification is it a 3/16 rod with a 10-32 thread? I read somewhere the threaded hole in the knob was 10-32 which would be cut on a 3/16 rod. 

Correct, it is a 1/4 rod cut down to a 3/16 threaded section of 10-32. Size ten wire size is .1935", 3/16 is .1875". it's only .006 off so I call it 3/16. Size 10 is more correct.

1 hour ago, Mark Knapp said:

Correct, it is a 1/4 rod cut down to a 3/16 threaded section of 10-32. Size ten wire size is .1935", 3/16 is .1875". it's only .006 off so I call it 3/16. Size 10 is more correct.

My non machinist mentality failed to take into account that an actual metal fabricator probably has an old Bridgeport out in the shop. Proof again that a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing. Thank you for the explanation.  

1 hour ago, Poopdeck said:

My non machinist mentality failed to take into account that an actual metal fabricator probably has an old Bridgeport out in the shop. Proof again that a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing. Thank you for the explanation.  

Yeah, I have one of the original CNC Bridgeports, a manual one and 3000 more sq, ft. of machines to have fun with.