Fly Tying
robow7

Click on page numbers not working ?

Can someone please tell me why when I click on a page number, the new page won't come up ?  Strange but when I'm on the thread page, I can select a page number from that page and bring it up but when I am on that actual thread, the multiple page numbers won't work.  I've never had this before and am not experiencing this on any other website.  I should also state that the "Next page" button is no longer functional along with the other carrots.

Thanks

29 minutes ago, robow7 said:

Can someone please tell me why when I click on a page number, the new page won't come up ?  Strange but when I'm on the thread page, I can select a page number from that page and bring it up but when I am on that actual thread, the multiple page numbers won't work.  I've never had this before and am not experiencing this on any other website.  I should also state that the "Next page" button is no longer functional along with the other carrots.

Thanks

New software "upgrade" that is buggy.

23 minutes ago, SilverCreek said:

New software "upgrade" that is buggy.

Undocumented enhancement

It had been a long running problem for some of it. It comes and goes and it seems to me it depends on which devises we use and which operating systems we use. None of them are the same and I suspect it will never be perfect. I've had to deal with it.

1 hour ago, Sandan said:

Undocumented enhancement

^^^^^ What he said.

When something doesn't work is called a new "feature."

In this case, it keeps us from cramming our brains with new knowledge.

It's an on and off again thing.  I browse from a PC not a phone or tablet so I just right click and open the page in new tab (or window) and that will let me navigate around.  The weird one for me is sometimes the following page is scrolled all the way down when it loads. This is regardless of if the navigation buttons are working or not at the time.  It hasn't been doing that for a week or two, but it might be back.  Luckily it's an annoyance at best for me.

Swamp

It's funny, one of my laptops works fine but the other one doesn't play well with those page numbers and they're set up identically. 

the inability to navigate from one page to another is an anomaly on this website that has been discussed over and over in a different category on the forum 

Site Help and Suggestions - Fly Tying (flytyingforum.com)

moderators cannot fix this problem, only the owner of the forum can

it happens to a number of members and even myself as a moderator. one day it works another day it doesnt

just right click with your mouse on the page you want to go to and open that page in a new window

in the future, please use the link i provided above to post problems with the website

same thing for me and as a moderator i cant do a damn thing about it. none of the moderators can fix the problems associated with this forum.

only the forum owner can fix the broken parts to his forum

i was able to navigate through the pages earlier today and now i cant.

my work around is to open the page i want to view in a different window

i used to be able to post photos directly from my photo hosting site and i no longer can. i have to create my post on a different forum website and then copy and paste to this forum website

so much for being down for about a week and assuming things got fixed

this site is what it is. its not perfect and probably never will be. complaining is not going to fix anything. try different work arounds for the time beingnew window.jpg

I wasn't complaining as much as I was seeking a solution to the problem.  I'm sorry I didn't realize this had been an ongoing issue and had been discussed before.  Yes, I will continue to use the work around.

thank you for understanding

its been a continuing problem for awhile

some days it works just fine and other days it doesnt

try signing out, wait a few minutes and sign back in

i had to sign back in this morning and the damn navigation started working

i talked to steeldrifter (administrator) this morning and was told it might be an issue with software/devices and the way the site is accessed by certain devices and not really anything that I know of that can be done without some sort of deep dive by Will into the code. Which prob isn't anything I could talk him into anytime soon.