Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

Theater room upgrades

Been about 3 yrs since I built my theater room, at the time I did the TV and sound system with what was in my budget....51" and 20yr old surround sound system, both I had on hand for years. But now since 2022 was such a good year for rod sales, I upgraded recently.

Went with a 75" 4k TV and a full Klipsch speaker system and an Onkyo AVR. The 75" with the 8ft viewing distance is so much more immersive than the 51" tv was. And the sound system, so cool. It rattles the walls even at 60%. To help it out for sound up there I also added a bunch of sound diffusion panels, and I made my own 4x4ft sound absorption panel with rockwool insulation wrapped with a dragons eye material to go with the whole Lord of the Rings theme in the theater room.

Mike (mchell) was in town on business a couple weeks ago and he ended up making the drive up from Ohio to Michigan and spent the weekend here. We watched Top Gun Maverick as well as about 4-5 other movies in theater room and had a great time.

5ZkFrDp.jpg

MdMJOCu.jpg

ydlYtxQ.jpg

Yes, it's impressive.  All the sculpture/3-D print stuff Steve's done are in there, and it all looks truly amazing.

It's easy to see why his fly rods look so good, when you see the effort he puts into his hobbies.

On 12/28/2022 at 8:57 AM, cphubert said:

Steve you need to charge admission for that room very impressive. Do you have a popcorn machine yet?😄

Actually I have a whole concessions stand area I built for up there 😁

3iZNnu1.jpg

Put the new miter saw my Nephew & Brother in law got me for Christmas to good use. After getting done with rod work for the day I spent a few hours building a new display case for my 3d print statues I make that fits under the tv in the theater room.

dGJhtTi.jpg
VK8TLtC.jpg
MDg2smI.jpg
D38KBGw.jpg

gvajClp.jpg

5ssvbfR.jpg

3d printed Jurassic Park sign I made for above the door/stairs in the theater room. Logo and claws are printed/painted and then affixed to a black painted piece of wood.