Fly Tying
vicrider

Rocky and Bullwinkle... Note - Now at 13 and done

One of my favorites along with Roadrunner. Since the nymph category swap filled so fast maybe people are just wanting to get back to the vise for the New Year. I'll post this and if it goes great, if not I'll drop it and just concentrate on nymphs. One of my all time favorites was when Bullwinkle was really pissed at someone and told Rocky, "I'm tempted to go and give him a piece of my mind". Rocky says, "That's what I love about you Bullwinkle. You're willing to share no matter how little you have."

Basically what I'm looking for is any pattern of your choice with either squirrel or moose in the mix, bonus points for both. I know several in Christmas got a slip of squirrel so now's a chance to use it. Let's have these to me by Feb. 21 and have a week extra to finish nymphs and send them in and finish these.

Nick Szabo                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            PO Box 361                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Cheyenne, OK  73628

1. Fishiin'Bob...received

2. niveker...received

3. stabgnid

4. woodenlegs...received

5. CP Hubert...received

6. John1986...received

7. WWKimba...received

8. CenCalfly...received

9. JVMills...received

10. DarrellP...received

11. Squeezy...received

12. Gadabout...received

13. Sandan...received

Flytires bonus flies...received

Rocky: "The Road to Life is paved with too many flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision"

Reminds me that years ago, just before we got married, we had a a legend of a dog named Frodo, a Shephard/Husky mix, very gentle and sweet, but with a killing instinct that was hard to control when it came to small animals like rabbits, squirrels, and unfortunately, cats.  Well, we lived in this big old county house in western New Jersey set atop a small hill, about 6' high, with a huge, treeless front lawn that extended about 300 feet to the road and bordered on the sides with oak and walnut trees.  That dog would lay on the grass, just off the front porch on top of the hill, waiting for a squirrel to reach the middle of the lawn, when he'd take off after it.  Invariably, the squirrel would do just what Rocky describes, run 10 feet one way, switch and run 10 feet the other way, back and forth, until with a quick snap and shake of the head, Frodo would put an end to its fatal indecision.  

I'm in, with an A.P. Nymph

I'm in. Will have to find a pattern from Moosylvinia that Boris or Fearless Leader approve. Hey Rocky watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat!

decided on a streamer version of Stev Lenon's Moose & Squirrel salmon fly

Edited by cphubert
addition