Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Welcome to the Beginner's Corner

I think at times members who are just starting out hesitate to ask questions or post pictures of flies because they don't feel "worthy" when they see some of the amazing patterns being submitted here daily. This website has always been dedicated to tyers of all skill levels and I want all the "newbies" to feel at home here.

This forum will hopefully encourage anyone new to tying to post their questions or fly pics on the site that they might otherwise not post for fear of not being up to par in others eyes. All of the members who have years of experience enjoy helping out and I'm sure they can offer a little encouragement and help out by pointing out some obvious mistakes and answering any questions that get brought up.

-Will

Nice Will, Very Nice!

Make all us rookies and newbies feel welcome

BFR clapping.gif clapping.gif

Hi Will,

When I looked at the forums this morning I said to myself, "How did I miss the 'Beginner's Corner?" I've had a cold for the last few days and according to Gretchen I miss a lot - like morning, noon, and night. But anyway I read further and see it is fairly new addition to the site. GREAT idea! I for one an very pleased to see the postitive things you (and your team) are doing on this site! Keep it up. Take care & ...

Tight Lines - Al Beatty

www.btsflyfishing.com

Thanks for the invite I am just starting out and I own zero for equipment other then a rod and reel with a few flies. I have an old wallet full of hand ties left to me by a friend.

Pity is they have sat for so long since I received them that the leaders are brittle and break easily.

Will, thanks for the welcome. I am an aspiring wanna-be fly tier, and it is good to see not only your positive words, but also all the great feedback and assistance that everyone here provides to us newbies. Thanks to all of you for helping especially us new folk. Also thanks to J. Stockard for sponsoring this discussion group.

As a sidenote, I only see the Beginner's Corner forum when I log in, and that may explain why someone might miss this particular forum.