Fly Tying
Al Beatty

Non-Tying Question

I'm a cabinetmaker/project manager. We do mainly architectural and marine millwork. My wife is a Special Need Student Assistant for the school board. New empty nesters when the last of the 3 boys went out on their own. Also have 1 granddaughter, a real sweetie.

I'm a project Manager for building material supplier. I manage trim crews for the company. I was in interior trim material sales for many years prior. My wife works for a law frim as a recepinoist.

carlp

Really interesting occupations and so wide spread. I am a Research and Development Chef. After 20 years in high end hotels and restaurants i sit at a desk Mon-Fri 7:30 -4. Not as glamrous or exciting but way better for my work/life balance. My wife is a manager of a Armoured Money service. She wears the gun in the family.

Cheers,

Dave

I'm retired grad student and now a professor at the University of Florida. My wife teaches kindergarten.

I am retired for a heart cond. now teach fly fishin and tyin at an orvis store pt. play around with my van and fish otherwise. my girlfriend is a cashier....i used to be a const. worker, heavy equip. and truck driver, along with owning a small custom van shop...

Does this mean you used to make those 70s Love Machines. :headbang: I always wanted one of those when i was a kid. Given Im considerably larger than at 18 an RV may be better suited to my love pursuits <_< .

Im a commercial banker with about 20 years experience. Did pretty much everything on the commercial lending side including credit, field audit, loan review, lending. After the past 8 or so years as a lender doing outside sales with crazy budget expectations, I took a position as a credit officer about a year ago. Now instead of going on afternoon sales calls ;) (you other salesman ive seen on the stream can appreciate that) I in the office primarily all of my time being a curmudgeoun who has to slam the yahoo deals my lenders are bringing in for approval.

The credit dark side really doesnt really fit my carefree and gregarious nature, but it is a safe place to hide while the economy catches up to all of this government spending. You know I really do have a "head for numbers and bod for sin" :lol:

My wife is a graphic designer who works for a fabrication company that essentially builds all of the great museums in the country and many around the world. She really has a great knowledge for materials and how to actually build the crazy designs they get out of the NY design houses. You should see us in mixed company, she talks shop and blues prints, building, etc with my construction and contracting buddies and I talk about cooking with girls. (Not that there is anything wrong with that). Im really proud of what she does as they have worked on such great projects as the National constitution center, National holocaust museum, Harley davidson museum. Currently she is working on a Nascar musuem. How cool is that. They currently have a Nascar car stripped car shell in their shop. she told me Im too fat to get into it. :huh: If you're interested her company site is www.maltbie.com and her profile is on there as well. Chanda Lawrence is my beautiful bride. (and no Im not sucking up)

Software Programmer/Analyst for the world's 3rd largest credit union. I mainly program our online banking system, employee banking system, Member Record database processes and create most of our online documents as we try to go 100% paperless.

I would consider myself a professional student. I am currently working towards my teaching license and a Masters degree in History. I work 3/4-time at Petsmart, when not in school i stay at the same level of hours so I can relieve all the stress from school and do as much fishing as possible!

I am a scientific research publisher at a large northwestern University for my paying job and a log cabin builder in my fantasy world. The economy has put my cabin project on hold for awhile. My wife is a Business Continuity and Disaster Revcovery Manager for a large corporation and my son is a sophmore in high school and my daughter is an 8th grader. Both of my children are spending 21 days in Europe this summer as U.S. Student Ambassadors with People to People

Rob

Hi I am 31 years old and 7 years ago my spine whent in a work accident so I am on a disability!!

But out of the accident I found fly tying and now I sell flies to stores in my area and tying lessons at the SOS fly club in Belleville!!!

I am a stay at home dad were I have 3 girls I look after and well my wife works looking after kids!

tyrite (glen Dayton)

After a stint in the army, I went to college and got a teaching degree. I've never taught a day in my life though. After college, I was a deputy sheriff for 2 years and then went into business as a self-employed remodeling contractor, which is what I do now. My wife did teach but quit about 10 years ago because she wasn't happy. She has been a full-time homemaker ever since but has talked lately about going back to work.

I am a father of 3 and a Grandfather of 1. Lately I've been contracting as a Project Manager for a large Oil and Gas company. I also am a business partner in 2 other businesses.

My wife is a Office Administrator and LAN Administrator for our Public School System.