Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
gespliesste

Beginner's book

Right below where you make a new post there is a "PINNED" section.

The pinned item is called: Best Beginner Fly Tying Book

If you click on it, it discusses several beginner's books including the book you asked about.

Here's a link if you still can't find. Pinned Article.

I don't know if there is any one book that is the best for beginners. There are many out there and you'll have to do some research on your own. The best advice I can give you is to go to a fly shop that gives tying classes and get started that way. The pinned article in this forum is a good start, but you'll see that there are many opinions about this.

Hi gespliesste,

Go to the Federation of Fly Fishers web site (http://www.fedflyfishers.org/), click on the button that takes you to their catalog, and purchase the "Introduction to Fly Tying" booklet for $2.00. Yes, I know I'm one of the authors but it cover six easy to tie fly STYLES - I said styles rather than flies because each fly style open the door to many other patterns following the general fly style. OR you can check out the Basic Fly Tying videos Will put on the sight recently. That video is a mirror image of the booklet. We produced both because we've learned over the years teaching the art of fly tying that different people learn from different stimulus. I know I have to see/read/write something to learn it. If I hear the same information it goes through my brain like a strainer and is imediately gone. The booklet and the video together may cover the learning method you need. Take care & ...

Tight Lines - Al Beatty

www.btsflyfishing.com