Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Cheap Ott Lights

My wife dragged me shopping today because she doesn't like to drive in the rain. We went to Joann Fabrics because the wife had a 40% off coupon and she had to pick a few things up. Well it turns out she didn't get anything but I picked up an Ott light for less than $60. It's the small 13 watt table top version with the 2x magnifier attached.

They also had some decent Reeves Pheasant breast feathers for like a $1.50

The wife tells me that they have theses 40 and 50 percent off sales all of the time. So if anyone is looking for a light for their bench,keep a look out for one of theses coupons.

Bum...I have been going to Jo-Ann's for sometime now(shhh don't tell my buddies ph34r.gif ) I get my glas beads from there and have picked up several pack of the breast feather you mentioned and I also my a whole peacock tail feather cause of the colors you get from it.

yahoo.gif

yeah, joanns always has like the 40% the reg. price of one item coupons in their advertisements. good way to go about buying an ott lamp.

Or go to Staples and look at the Tensor (manufacturer) model - it doesn't come with the magnifier and might twist or turn like an Ott Lite but for either 30 or 40 bucks there are some allowable tradeoffs.

Hello All,

Being a regular at Jo-Ann's Fabrics (Stop Snickering! dry.gif ) I can tell you that you have to *ask* to be put on their mailing list to receive the Jo-Ann's 40% off coupons in the mail. You can sign up at a Jo-Ann's store or online at Jo-Anns website: http://www.joann.com/

In fact, if you do online shopping at Jo-Ann's website, you can get a lot more 20-40% off coupons redeemable only online.

Highly recommended... Today (7/24) they had a big 40% off sale online. Whaddya got to lose?

Also, you can't go wrong with their 2mm foam sheets... 2 sq ft for $ .89!

Good luck!

thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

Keep it deep,

Whippersnapper

Howdy...Another good place is Michael's, which is a craft store. Alot of good, inexpensive stuff. Plus, every Sunday in my local newspaper there is always a 40% off coupon! YES, guys do use coupons headbang.gif Happy shopping...Thom

I was in Michaels yesterday and they had a huge pack of large, foam sheets at $9.99! There looked to be about 12 sheets that seemed larger than 8-1/2 X 11"

They had two sheets per color. Some of the colors were kinda bright, but the black (for ants and crickets) and yellow caught my eye.

The CHEAPEST solution for an "Ott" light is to add a 6500K bulb to any compact flourescent lamp you have. There is nothing special about the Ott light but a daylight bulb. You can even get daylight screw-in compact flourescent bulbs at Lowes and HD for a couple bucks add a $1 socket, and you have a $4 version of "Ott" lighting. If you want to get fancy with it, you can add a daylight screw bulb to a $9 adjustable desk lamp from walmart and you are set, save a fortune.

You guys sound like a bunch of girly men.

Why I kn....... sorry, gotta go, it's time for my knitting class (I get all the yarn scraps).

To embarrassed to sing my name,

Good Day,

Try harbor Frieght Tools - item # 92267. 27 w 5000K. Great lamp! Had one for a year an LOVE it... who can beat $20 retail!

Steelie

Sign in to follow this