Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
#10WhiteWolf

Any Colorado Anglers around?

Im from the east coast...PA, but im currently stationed at Fort Drum, NY. While i get to enjoy the salmon river, im plannin on spending some leave in colorado and do most of it fishing. I just need to find some spots to go, and to know whats what from different hatches out there. Anything you got would be great. Thanks!

~Josh

J,

Check out the Poudre River, it is one of my favorites. Up north of Fort Collins.

m

I wish i could narrow it down...I dont really know anyplace in particular. I just wanted to get some ideas for whats there, and where some of my best bets are.

I used to live in Lakewood and Fort Collins. The best place I have found is near Bellvue, North of Ft. Collins. Also, the South Platte, between Greely and Sterling is pretty good. Down near Leadville is the Twin Lakes area and the Arkansas Headwaters State Park rocks.

Good Luck in Colorado

I have been to the South Platte between Eleven Mile Res. and Spinney Res. nicknamed the Miracle Mile. It is all catch and release flies and lures only. If you go there it would be best to go during the week. The weekends are murder there. That is about all the info I can give you because I normally fish a little res. south of Colorado Springs. I hope this helps.

Jim

Hi Josh,

If you get to the western part of the state check out the Gunnison River east of Delta. Go to Gunnison River Pleasure Park, park in the state provided parking lots, wade across the river and go up stream. The further you go the better the fishing but quite frankly it's all good - a few browns and plenty of rainbows 8 to 18 inches.

While you are in Delta you should treat yourself to a visit to Whiting Farms (the producers of Whiting, Hebert, and American hackle). Go west on 5th street and at the edge of town it becomes G Road - 4 miles later you'll find the farm on the left with the office in the last building from the road.

Also, while in Delta treat yourself to some great Mexican food at Leon's on Main Street and in the late summer/early fall the Olathe sweet corn is the best I've ever tasted; give it a try as well. Good luck on your trip & ...

Tight Lines - Al Beatty

www.btsflyfishing.com

Thanks Al....Thats the kind of advice and pointers im talkin about. Fishing trips arent anything without the food!! I think ill adopt you as my personal travel agent for fishing trips biggrin.gif Thanks Again!

~Josh

Sign in to follow this