Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Gene L

Thinking of selling my TRV

What should I ask for it?  It's in excellent shape, I just have problems with my forearm.  Pedestal .  I don't know what a used one will sell for.  Also, what are the best venue for selling a vise?  Ebay?

Normally I would use recently sold items on eBay as a 'guide' for pricing, but I see there are none.  Also for selling.  Although for an item like yours, you might be better off selling it on here or another of the well known fly fishing forums.  

Personally I would try selling on here or other tying forums first, as well as FB marketplace or some of the larger FB fly fishing groups. Ebay imo is such a rip off these days. It use to be a good source, but now a days the fees have gone up so many times you end up giving a pretty good sum of the sale to ebay. I personally stopped selling anything on there myself about 5yrs ago, and now just sell on FB groups when I sell something outside of my normal rod customers.

Well, I listed it on the Classifieds.  I'd rather sell it to folks I trust.  I hate to sell it but it's just sitting around, unused.