Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
stel

My last hopes in finding my Grandpa's tackle box

Well, that's it. I have just hung up the remaining reward poster in hopes of finding my fishing vest that contain's my grandpa's tackle box. My grandpa died about 2 years ago and a tackle box was what was given to me. This tackle box was something that I always had with me when I was fishing but now its gone. Make me know grandpa is always with me while I am fishing. Back on Dec. 4th I was a bonehead and relied on someone else to throw my vest into his car. When we got to our fishing destination, I relized he never did. I have done everything. Talked to security, lost and found and went on an egg hunt talking to people that thought they knew something about it. I printed out 15 Reward poster majorly taping them to the wall hoping someone will turn it in. If this doesn't work, I don't think I will ever see that tackle box again and won't be doing anything else. I could careless about the vest, the tackle or flies I have tied, I just want that box back.I know g-pa will always be with me but that tackle box brought him along even more. I want that vest back

Do you guys think 10 bucks is a good reward????

Some jerk prolly picked it up, and don`t wanna return it. If I was you, I`d put up a whole lot of posters, run an ad in the paper, and raise the reward to 25 dollars, dependin on how bad you really want it. I could tell you, if my grandad died, and he left me one thing, and I lost it, and would work my ass off to find it! Well, hope this helps! Tight lines and good tyin!-redneck

Dan trust me i know how you feel,i lost my grandpa and my dad both within the last 7 years (dad in 96' to cancer & grandad in 98' to heart attack) and i have a few things of each of theirs that i hold very close to my heart.

I have some fishing equipment and also a watch and pocket knives of their and if i lost anything then i'd be very hurt becuase of it,i guess from the sounds of it you already know what i'm about to tell you but i'll just say it anyway.

If your grandpa was anything like mine or my dad then you dont need a small plastic box to feel close to him....everytime you are in the great outdoors and fish a river that maybe you and him fished together you are just that much closer to him and theres nothing of material value that can take that special bond away.

So keep looking for it dan,but dont be to hard on yourself over it....i'm sure he would understand things happen.

SD

Stel, make sure you talk to someone at your local fly shops or sporting goods stores. That is where I would return something like that if I found it. Also go to the police and let them knowo that you are missing something. They may have someone turn it in, and could call you.

John

hope you find it...I was VERY close to my Grandfather and I would be very devistated if I were in your shoes! Good luck on the search!!!