Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

Rod building

maybe we can arrange to meet somewhere, i'll show ya the basics.... its really pretty simple, just a few little tips and tricks and you should be well on your way to building a fine, quality rod. I can't show you all the tricks or i would be out of a job. LOL

steve

Once you decide to Build your rod I would like to show you some of the componits I have used in the past on rods that will make very unique.

Take a look at these Reel seats priced from 25 to 35 dollars

(not a bad price for somthing this nice)

http://www.insertbyles.com/

OSD.

bugeyes.gif WOW OSD those are some veeeery nice seats thats not a bad price because they do have nice craftsmanship in them.

That link just went into my "favorites" for when i start building wink.gif

msuiceman.....stevearino i'll IM you tonight and we'll talk rods...i was back and forth last night and then spent 2 hours in the chat room........seemed like 5 hours though because smallie was in there tongue.gif

SD

Les's inserts are of great quality and craftsmanship.Venneri also makes some beauties.... Right now I am working on the shopsmith to get a pattern down to lathe up my own. Right now my favorites include amboyna and eucalyptus. dyed boxelder burl is also one of my favorites... gives it a nice almost metallic marblized look.

steve