Fly Tying

2005 Fly Tyer of the Year Contest

user posted image

Are you ready?? This is the moment that you have all been waiting for………

Welcome to the 2005 Fly Tyer of the Year Contest!!!

2005 marks the 3rd Annual Fly Tyer of the Year Contest hosted by FlyTyingForum.com. Last year was the breakout year for the contest as over 400 flies from 6 countries were entered and the contest was featured in the summer issue of Fly Tyer Magazine. With a growing membership, the expansion of nine new categories and a new voting structure, we are excited about this year's event. Remember, this contest is all about fun and gives you the opportunity to test your own personal growth as a tyer over the past year. On behalf of the staff of FTF, I hope everyone enjoys this year's event!

There are a couple significant changes from last year’s contest, so pay close attention to the rules!

• This year I am requiring that you print and mail two separate forms that must accompany your submission. One is a form with your personal information along with fields you must fill out for every category you wish to enter. The other must be filled out for every submission. This second form is to provide details for each fly submitted, including name, materials, and any additional comments. Last year only a handful of the flies made it into the database; this information will allow me to include these patterns as well as gives us the opportunity to offer a book of patterns showcasing the flies from the contest, if we so choose.
  • The other is a big change in the voting structure. We have moved to a two round voting system, where the first round chooses the Category Winners while the second crowns the “Fly Tyer of the Year”.
Grand Prize

Like last year, “Carlin” has graciously donated a hand crafted bamboo fly rod as the grand prize for the contest. Throughout the year he will be hosting polls on RBF that will give FTF members the opportunity to vote on various elements of the rod as well as giving step by step photos of the entire building process! Everyone will have the opportunity to watch this rod being built from scratch while dreaming of the opportunity to win this beautiful piece of angling art. There is a special forum on RBF that will contain all of the polls and information regarding the bamboo rod and it can be found here: http://www.rodbuildingforum.com/index.php?showforum=33

For the official rules, guidelines and categories, visit: http://www.flytyingforum.com/contest

Id love to get my flies to your house for your,,,,,,, uhh personal use. But I need a addy can you pm me with it or am I missing something?