Fly Tying

2005 Fly Tyer of the Year Contest

Is it enough to tie and send only one fly per each category or do a participant has to tie two same flies per each entry?

Ok, nice.

In my country we have open contest and you have to tie to exact same flies per each entry. For example if you tie a BWO to enter for a dry fly, you have to tie and to send two same BWO's.

Until when must the flies be send and when will the voting started?

It ussually tahes some time for post to get from our countrie to there, so I rather ask and send sooner than miss the contest. :dunno:

I hope I understand this correctly - I can enter the contest with one fly per category? So I can send one dry, one wet, one nymph, one streamer, one emerger and one terestial for Trout for example? And then goes the same with other categories?

Sory for troubles, but it is my first time entering this contest. :lol:

Hey Will, can the flies be put in a frame and sent to you to maybe protect the fly? I'm talking about Salmon flies in particular.

Jim

Good Day,

Planning, but not yet sure of what I will submit. Some have taken soooooo long that it would be dificult separate from them! I hope to have it figured out ant the end of the week.

Steelie

Maybe I missed this but is it possible to tie one fly for multiple categories?

Say like for a nymph swap one that works for trout and salmon? Or is is one fly only per category?

Hey Marty,

Yea a fly can only be entered in one category.

Jim,

a frame would be fine, just as long as I can open it up to photograph it.

Gregor,

The flies will be photographed after the 1st of the year. I will give as much time as possible for flies from other countries to arrive. The earier you can ship them, the better.

Hi Will, boy we are getting down to the wire on this contest. If I'm tying a "Classic Salmon fly" but say I run out of a natural guinea feather and I decide to sub a hot flourescent pink guinea feather would it still be classified as a "Classic" or would it become a "FreeStyle" since I didn't use the noted materials in the classic pattern list?

Jim

My gut instinct would say it would be a freestyle, however I am leaving those categories for each member to make up their own mind on what should be included.

Good Evening TroutHunter,

This is 1st time I have posted (I Think) on this Forum and wondering if it's OK for me to enter your Contest. I admit,I've only visited this Forum a couple a times.

I've never been in a Contest of this Type and only have until 12-31-05

I have a couple of original Patterns I would like to enter if it's OK with you guys.

Can you or anyonyone please explain to me how to package and present these Flies to the person that will open the Package I will send??

Thank you Kindly Sir - jeffro :dunno:

SmallieHunter,Thanks,

I Need to know how to Present my Flies, or Tag em or put them in individual Bags etc.

Thanks

P.S> thats perty bad mispellin you name twice > 1st rattle outta the box >so sorry.

Are you Will Mullis???

Yea, I'm Will :D

Just box them up securely so they do not get crushed during shipping. I need know somehow which flies goes with which category. The easiest way to do that is visit the link above and print out those forms, that will help me keep your flies orgazined and entered into the correct category.