Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
sage8wt

Hooks

Just looking for a little help as to where a good place to order bulk hooks from. I do a ton of tying for other people in the summer and winter months, and every year it is seeming like more and more people are requesting flies, so I'm looking to start buying my hooks in bulk as opposed to running to the local fly shop or Gander Mountain and picking up a pack of 25 hooks when someone puts a order in. I'm looking for decent quality at the best price. Recently I've began tying on Da Ricki hooks and have found those to be of great value. Just looking for some thoughts. Thanks in advance!

Yours truly,

Champion of the Fly tying forum fantasy football league boxing.gif

Try Hagens

Hagens

3150 West Havens

Mitchell, South Dakota 57301

Phone: 800-541-4586

Fax: 605-996-8946

I always get a paper catalogue sent to me but you can look at their cat on line at:

http://www.hagensfish.com/ go to catalouges fill out the request and then you can search online till you get it in the mail

Mustad Hooks are on http://www.hagensfish.com/hagenscatalog_pg97-112-3.pdf

They have lot's of models

Fatman

If they have the particular hooks you are interested in Jans Netcraft in Toledo OH will have very resonable prices for bulk packaging up to 1000 per pack.

Regards,

wink.gif If you are interested in purchasing mustad tying hooks in bulk, i order all my hooks from shorty's hook sales out of windsor,missouri. i think there web-site is shorty's hook sales.com

The site for shorty's is www.shortyshooks.com

But read below right from their site:

You can place an order by, phone, fax, email, or mail.

To be eligible to order from us, you must be able to supply us with one of the following forms of identification:

· A valid state sales tax #

· A valid federal tax identification #

· A valid business license #

· A valid 637 tax exemption #

If you cannot supply us with one of these numbers, you can order through our online affiliate at www.captainhookswarehouse.com.

WOW the fish guy is CHEAP bugeyes.gif I tie flies for a bit of a side buisness and if I can find hooks for under 10 cents each I am a happy boy!!!! I may not buy hooks at a store again!!!!!!!!!! yahoo.gif YEHAA !!!! headbang.gif

Im in complete total aw!!!!!!! they even take paypal thank you skinny pole and hoolagan