Fly Tying
wilhelm tell

Greetings from Northern Illinois

Greetings! I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Chris and I'm pretty new to forums.

I recently got back into fly fishing because I want to have my kids experience fishing. I'm married to my best friend Melissa and I have two boys, Camden 3 years and Julian 8 Months today.

I decided to improve my rusty casting skills and contacted my local fly shop. They didn't have any casting classes but offered a free fly tying class. The last thing I thought I would do is ty flies. Well, to make a long story short, I did it once and have not looked back....

I am very excited about participating in this forum and look forward to meeting people with the same interests.

by the way, I am having trouble uploading a picture to my profile... I keep getting this error:

------------------------------------------

Warning: do_photo(../includes/classes/thumbnail_create.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/willmull/public_html/sources/lib/usercp_functions.php on line 197

Warning: do_photo(../includes/classes/thumbnail_create.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/willmull/public_html/sources/lib/usercp_functions.php on line 197

Warning: do_photo(): Failed opening '../includes/classes/thumbnail_create.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/willmull/public_html/sources/lib/usercp_functions.php on line 197

xxxxxx

------------------------------------------

I've reduced the picture size and tried different file types... no luck..

Thanks in advance,

Wilhelm Tell (Chris)

post-7-1125366573.jpg

Welcome Chris,

I love the photo and have a feeling your problem uploading will be resolved shortly. I know what you mean about unexpectedly enjoying fly tying, it can be a fun and challenging hobby. I was showing a friend a few flies over the weekend who couldn’t figure out how someone could make bugs. I set him down at the vise, and the thrill seems to start when the thread is attached, the tension is there, and materials can be tied on however you see fit. This guy doesn’t fish but it was hard pulling him away from the vise. Good stuff. I'm glad you joined and hope to see you around.

Graham

Welcome to the site.Yeah you got your self into something that impossible to step away from.And that photo says a thousand words.Hard to tell who is having more fun.

tt

Thank you both! Ya, the picture was the little guys first fish. I put an Adams on with a shot and a bobber on his Scooby Doo pole he got for his 3rd birthday.

We are working on the reel release but timing at that age is difficult.

By the way.. I've been looking for a fishing buddy. Is there a place (forum) here where I can post?. Or do you have any other suggestions where to look?

(I joined my local TU, but they don't meet for another month.

Thanks!

Wilhelm Tell

Chris first off let me say welcome, nice to have you join us and thats a good looking kid ya got there, never can start them too early.

As to fishing buddys... Here at FTF we actually have 3 sites...this one for tying, rodbuildingforum.com for rod building, and then Talkflyfishing.com for all the fishing talk, get togethers and that sort of stuff. Your membership here works there as well, just sign in and your membership is all set on all the boards.

heres the link to TFF

http://www.talkflyfishing.com/

Click on that and then go to the "destinations" forum and you will see some outings and get togethers, or if ones not in your area, post that your are wanting to get together with someone for a day of fishing.

You might have said already, but where are ya from?

Steve

Hello wilhelm tell!

Welcome to the Forum! Good luck and have fun with those boys. I have to 2 boys 19 and 16. They are fun!

BFR

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.