Fly Tying
Radoslav Kiskinov

Shark's Caddis Larva

Hi, guys,

I realy have to explane...

Well, may be I make a mistake calling the yellow antron floss. You can look here for example:

http://www.flyfishusa.com/fly-tying/antron.htm

What I use is something like that in the picture, it is long line with sparkle yellow colour.

QUOTE ("SullyTM")
1. In photo #2 you have tied in the bunny hair at the bead and wrapped to the hook curve. Do you then palmer(wrap) the hair up to the bead and back down to the hook curve before you split the hair and tie in the loop?
2. Or is the body in photo #3 the yellow floss? It looks like you're using a dark thread? Or is that your floss?

Hi, Sully TM,

Firs tie the yellow, now I should call it antron, to the bead and back to the curve. After that I wrap it around the hook to the bead and back, to have a thicker fundament.

Here, if you use the fly in deep waters, you may wrap a lead wire instead.

And when I get wrap back to the curve with the antron, I make a loop with it, tying the other end of the antron

http://akulata.com/august05/04.jpg

After that I put some hair, it is from a hare fur, may be you call it underfur, the soft part of the hair.

After that twist the loop and after that, wrap the twistet line around the body, and this way I recieve the segments.

I hope I explaned better this time, I am very sorry, my english is not that good, and I have to dig like a mole in the english bulgarian dictionaries to translate what I want to say laugh.gif , that is way I do not explain with sentences under the pictures the whole process.

Hi, Grego,

I am really really happy, that the fly works in Slovenia.

Hi, jocapesca, I will be happy if it is good and in the other part of the world.

Please, guys, let me know when some of you try it in his region, this wil be gread award for me.

Bye for now and do not worry to ask, I will continue digging in the dictionaries.

Best regards to all of you!

Rado - the international mole laugh.gif

Rado your english is very good. Certanly better than mine. biggrin.gif

Sure the fly works here too. We are almost on the same continent. tongue.gif

This is really candy for fishes...

Rado...Thanks for the clarification. I'm going to tie a few this weekend. The Chinook are starting their migration inland from the Pacific Ocean and I can't wait to give these flies a cast...I'm going to see if the steelhead will gobble them up also. Have a good weekend. Thom