Fly Tying
dbirish

first time post from iraq

Hey Sgt. Dan

Depending on what kind of fish you're going for, I'd recomend Lefty Kreh's videos for bass and saltwater. He makes it real simple. That makes it encouraging for a beginner. Bass pro sells a starter kit with his video in it. My youngest son talked me into buying it and we've been hooked ever since. It's a special feeling to catch a fish on something YOU made from feathers, fur ,yarn etc. It helps with cabin fever in the winter. I remember tying tarpon flies in front of the fireplace during a snowstorm. I was flying to Puerto Rico the next day. Anyway,you'll love it.

So stay strong and God bless...and Thanks :D

Sgt Thompson!

Now, If you folks can't wait to see how your flies work, you can send a few back to the senders of the "stuff" and let them try them out for ya! I'm sure they could snap a few pics to post on here to show the results! :hyst:

As you guys rotate back home, yell out and see who is in the area of the Base and line up a Fly Flippen' Trip!

I'm in the St Louis, Mo. area and have some extra "loaner gear" for a trip should anyone be coming back this way! :yahoo:

You all take care and stay safe!

FliTrap

Sarge,

I too served and have recently been sucked into the fly tying pool. Enjoy yourself and tie some bugs.

Stay safe brother and to your team members.

9th ID 1st Brigade

1st AD Divarty

hello everyone sgt thompson here. all is well in iraq for the time being. they have been keeping us really busy. all of my buddies cant wait to start tying the only problem is we dont have any vices. if anyone could help us out it would be great. ill stay in touch. thanks again sgt. thompson

Sgt. Thompson,

Looks like my box of vices has not made it to you. Well I'm fixin to move the end of the month so I'll just pack up another box and throw my vice in. (good reason to up-grade and wont have to move it :P ).

New package will be in mail on Monday only one vice though

Duckydoty

Just put in an order to J. Stockard for 5 of their beginer vices that are being shipped directly to you.

Hopefully yoiu wont have to wait much longer. I got confirmation that they shipped today and They were very helpful in getting it in route to you

Duckydoty

I guess I missed this thread somehow. Sgt Thompson, how about some personal tying lessons? I may be going over the first of April. Not sure where or even if it's a done deal yet. Hopefully know more around Christmas.

God Bless you guys, and thank you very much for the job your doing for us.