Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Trouttramp

Texas Gulf fishing info wanted. Port Aransis.

Need advise for a 1/2 day guided in the Port Aransis Tx area, end of Sept targeted timeframe.  
Redfish or Sea Trout is my goal, with the idea of taking one to take to a local restaurant to cook for us. Fly fishing preferred, not totally opposed  to gear fishing. 
Feel free to post here or PM me. 
Any info on the area will be appreciated. Been to Texas a few times, never spent time on the gulf. Bird watching and garden tours are the main goal for this trip. I want to see the humming bird and whooping crane migration  amongst other things.

Thanks in advance for any and all info. 

T. Tramp

3 hours ago, flytire said:

would your guide be beneficial?

Yes.

I was hoping someone knows, or has experience with a guide in that area and could give recommendations. Any suggestions for things to do in that area, restaurant recommendations especially would be nice.

One source of info might be CCA Texas (Coastal Conservation Association)... They'll have a listing of local guides from that area that support their activities (usually well established and respected guides, mostly).  Another source might be local fly shops in that area - usually they'll know who you want to hook up with... Hope this helps.

3 hours ago, Capt Bob LeMay said:

One source of info might be CCA Texas (Coastal Conservation Association)... They'll have a listing of local guides from that area that support their activities (usually well established and respected guides, mostly).  Another source might be local fly shops in that area - usually they'll know who you want to hook up with... Hope this helps.

Thanks,  I have contacted one fly shop that books trips, they gave me a name to contact that does fly for red fish, haven’t connected with him yet. 
Was hoping to chat with someone who has some experience fishing that area, I’ve only got one half day open while we are there, not enough time to get anything “dialed in”. Hopefully the weather cooperates, wind can be the killer here, not sure I can fight the wind fly casting these days.

My salt water fly fishing experience has been limited to surf perch off the beach and rock bass out of a boat on the Oregon coast. 1-3 pound fish that really don’t put up much of a fight.