Fly Tying
uffepuffe

Insect photos for imitations

Hey!! I know that bug !!! Is it about 4-5cm long ???

It's foud in garbage from animals( s#*t :) ),or potato cultures.It's a frequently used catfish bait(european catfish: silurus glanis)

Cool looking bug eh ?? :headbang:

Right on the money Jeff :headbang: Me and Steve thought the moles and Stoneflys were breeding :lol:

That is one strong bug! These 2 bugs were about 1 3/4" in body length with out the tails.

Thank God i don't have these moles in my grass! i've Killed 10 moles this year and could not even think of going against these bugs.

Thanks for the bug info. Brent

A weeks ago I did get some photos of dragonflies. The one with the mating couple bugged me alot because when i got home and looked at the photos is turned out that the camear had focused on the background leaving the dragonflies all blurry :(

post-2830-1130596081_thumb.jpg

post-2830-1130596088_thumb.jpg

Check out this web site folks. You can spend more time fishing & less taking pics that way.

www.ent.iastate.edu/list/directory/92

May as well plug my site in case anyone here doesn't know about it: http://www.troutnut.com

There are more pictures of insects (mostly mayflies) than I care to count. I'll have about twice as many (and at much higher quality) in the new version, which I think will fiiiiiinally be ready to go live around January or so.

To me there is no better source than troutnut.com, they doesn't come much better than that. Can hadly wait til the new version Jason!

/Ulf