Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

Tell me what you think

THat is a fishlooking fly. I agree with most about the use of bunny strips. I love the strips the just pulsate in teh water and look so natural. I don't know why you would want to catch one of those ol big ugly browns anyway. They just break leaders, stretch flylines, ruin drags on reels, and possibly break rods. I think it would be a service I could do for you to go with you and try to catch those big ones! WHile you fish for those little stockers. It would save a possible equip. failure for you and allow you to focus more on the sport itself :j_k: . Hey its' worth a try hell maybe you will be drunk when you reed this and I will talk you into taking me.

FM :rolleyes:

I think ya lost me now (not hard to do ;) ) that's sort of what I did with my fly, I attched the second hook to the first hook with about 1" of 20lb mono. Is that what you were just talking about...or am I not understanding what your saying?

:lol: It was hard to tell about how you joined the two hooks from the photo--you should get good movement with the inch gap. The odd time I've gone that route (it's rare as we're not allowed tandems under our BC regs), I've jointed the hooks quite close together. I generally like the string leech more than tandems because the short shank rear hook combined with the dacron "string" allows for plenty of flowing movement in both rivers and stillwaters. If you're going to stick with the two AJ $pey hooks ;), you might want to think about subbing dacron for the mono, or using a non slip loop with the mono for a little extra wiggle.

Tight wraps,

Aaron