Fly Tying
tie1on

Green Drakes

Does anyone know if the green drakes are hatching on the Metouleous River in Central Oregon? And if so...does anyone have a good pattern to match the hatch? I fished with my cousin a couple a years ago and we found the GD hatch going strong so we tied up several different patterns, but nothing worked. Then this old man came by and gave us each a GD fly but mine was a little different and my cousin caught a huge rainbow and I didn't even get one look...so I need a perfect match...(if that's possible)

Thanks

:headbang:

Does anyone know if the green drakes are hatching on the Metouleous River in Central Oregon?

tie1on-

The Green Drake hatch on the Metolius River in central Oregon runs from early June to mid July. In the West, Green Drake is the common name for Drunella grandis, D. doddsi, and D. spinifera.

Any idea what is hatching there now...I might be fishing it next week...

Blue-winged Olives (Baetis) complex

Red Quills (Cinygmula)

Flavs (Drunella flavilinea)

Mahogany Duns (Paraleptophlebia)

October Caddis (Discomoecus)

Midges (Chironomus)

Taxon-your wealth of bug knowledge is simply incredible
OLB-

Thanks. Guess it's all in the eye of the beholder, as my wife calls it obsessive!

I live on the Metolius--Drakes are coming off so are Blue Winged Olives--both are best on cloudy days--soon the goldens come off-the bugs in Spept are the sm Drakes Flavs not Grandis--btw the Metolius is running normal the Deschutes is very high still

post-5112-1148096223_thumb.jpg