Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
sage8wt

Need to vent a bit

just watch yourself with people like that, let authorities deal with them, people that do really stupid and thoughtless things to the environment probably don't care about other laws either and wouldn't think twice about doing something to hurt you. I remember one morning on the weekend fishing the moira I heard a gunshot downtown not far from where I was fishing, then looking at all the gang graffitti on the bridges, I just thought it would be a better idea to come back later. <_<

The man is plainly stupid and a moron to that too. Better watch your back dealing with that kind of environmentalists. He probably is convinced in doing good and he sure is putting a lot of effort in it. I don't know about how it works over there but in my country the police would not be interested at all. Got other piorities.

Sjo :angry: :wacko:

That is the kinda guy you need to watch with both eyes. He is doing that stuff to make the hole easier to drag thaos bid weighted 3 prong hooks through! I would stay away and let the officals handle it. There would be no way you could tell him he is wrong in doing that. Simply impossible! But I would have to report him and follow up to be sure there is an effort to see if something is done. Also research the law to make sure there is a law against it that way it will give you leverage with the game dept. You know the ol' are you gonna make this guy obey the law trick! Tax payers sometimes have pull esspecially ones who can quote section codes of law to them!

FM

That is why every river should have a Privatly funded oversite group of volenters. To look over the river maintain it. Some Clean up is nessary if a tall tree falls and crosses a river well then it needs to be cleaned up. Lunker strucrures need to be added log jams gravel etc. I think that the states should aid such groups and help with the structure planning but stay out of the work and money end of it. I just wish that I had time to orginaze and start such a group. But you are all right on he wants to snag and dosent understand the blessings of drifting under a log jam and getting tangled up with a log and a FISH!! I have from time to time moved a drifting log to make it easyer to fish a spot but only if it is a total block to the spot. And dosent destroy the rest of the structure. But also when a large tree falls and covers a spot it can be a blessing. The rabbit river for example has a wide opening witth gravel and the trash come every year to snag fish. well a huge tree fell in to it and now they cant snag there. Im not going to clean that up I can get in some where else and fish. I do not mind a bit of work to get to a spot and fish

I don't think the Rogue ever received blue ribbon status. There certainly are a lot of idiots on the Rogue. Especially around this time of year. Myself and a new member to the forum, LovesRedSnapper are there at least three to four times a week. I will be keeping my eye out for this moron. Sage, we should get together some time and hit up the Rogue. I don't know if you've been there recently, but there are some decent numbers of salmon in there now. LovesRedSnapper and I were there last night, and while we were in a fairly shallow riffle, we saw a decent little sized pod moving through. The only challenge is finding a hole that's holding fish, but isn't holding three or four other fisherman. <_< PM me if you've got some time this weekend, and maybe we could work something out.

MTG

All i have to say is..... They better not try that in MO. MO. conservation dont mess around if you get cought breaking the laws here( and they will get cought ). roaring river=no wadeing= dont have a shoe tip taping there waters=monster fine. I watched a guy on truman lake one time parked his truck NO MORE then a half a tire width off the parking area and on state land ( where they dont allow ANY atv's or cars ect ect ), out pops a agent from out of no mans land and drops him a 400$ fine.....that fella never had a prayer of talking his way out of that fine...lord knows he tryed his hardest too.

I Would report it to authoritys ASAP... and smile at him as he gets his fine or is hauled off to jail :devil:

I truly hope he gets what he deserves for ruining something so valueable to the rest of the world...our forests, rivers, and streams.

Protect your local hunting and fishing grounds....for they are growing smaller in numbers every year, and are of value to the good people who use them for the way they are intended.-jason