Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
day5

Super glue drip from hell!!!!

I was finishing up some flies for OLB's nymph swap and I got sick of tying stones for it so I thought Id tie OLB a Grizzly jointed hex. I got the back done and proceded to start the thorax. I tied in mu mono joint slid on the back and tied off the mono. Then the maddness started I got out the locktite super glue tiped it over and a huge drip came off and fell on to my thread spool :wallbash: So what did I do I tried to whipe it off with my finger then I streached out the thread as far as I could in my basement. I rewound it and proceded to finish the fly (that turned out sweet) I grabed some dubbing and the leg feathers so on and so fouth and now I have glue dubbing and feather stuk to my dam fingers. I hope the thread is not ruined but it was only 1.19$ the bummer of it is that the lock tite glue is 18.00$ a bottle and is the tuffest :poop: I have ever used Im not even sure that asatone will get it!! I guess Ill live with fuzzy fingers for a bit :lol: The stupid things I do amaze me !!

Nope just one ounce. We got a batch at work to try out and I got a few bottles for my own uses! :ph34r: :whistle: