Fly Tying
WYKnot

Safety Pin Fly Swap

Russ, it was nice to meet you and have a cup of coffee the other day. Really enjoyed our visit.

When we left I noticed the store 2 doors down from Morts was for rent. I'm checking into it this week.

Russ, it was nice to meet you and have a cup of coffee the other day. Really enjoyed our visit.

When we left I noticed the store 2 doors down from Morts was for rent. I'm checking into it this week.

Go for it!

Next time I am in Cheyenne, let's meet at Mort's and tie a bit over coffee.

Well swappers, a few last minute arrivals, some holiday closings (for the Post Office), and 2 ice storms since Christmas - but the Second Annual Safety Pin Fly Swap in the mail!

I am sorry, but did not take photographs this year. In part because the digital camera is smarter than I am (but, then again, so is the post hole digger), and, in part, because I am already running a week late on the returns. Believe me, the flies were absolutely awesome!

Thank you for swapping and for giving up a few minutes during a very busy time of the year. Should there be interest in a 3rd anniversary safety pin fly swap, let’s get it done in the summer...

Russ (WYKnot)

Russ I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say thank you for hosting such a neat swap. I look forward to the 3rd one as I'm sure everyone else does :headbang:

Hope you holidays were a good one.

YYYYYEEEE HHHHAAAAAAA. Got my safety pin flies today. Trout Traveler did an awesome job. I love the craw you threw in. And to think, I have been trying to hard on mine. yours looks much simplier to tie.

When are your coming back down to the "big city". Been talking to the ball and chain about the store, but we're also talking a new wrecker. :dunno:

Many thanks for hosting the swap. I sure had a blast.

Today my safety pin arrived and I love it and it looks HOT!

My fishing vest will look real pretty with my new decoration...

Tyed by Shenandoah Angler,

post-992-1136600914_thumb.jpg

Thanks to everyone invloved in this years safety pin swap,

Graham

Received my fly today! Thanks CjCalls! That is a sweet tie! And thanks for the extra to throw at the fish!

I will try to get a picture posted when I get home!

BFR

I received my fly pin today as well!

A very nice Clouser tied by Terry F. to imitate a bluegill or sunfish minnow.

Thank you very much, it will look nice on my cap!

and thanks Russ for putting this swap together.

Tom

Recieved mine today,from Gregg A.Great looking fly on a pin.Will make a wonderful asset to my hat.Now i wish i had a little bigger pin.That craw would have been easier to fit it,and look better.Pretty soon you won't be able to miss me on the creek.

tt

I got my fly today, its a beauty tied by Kevin Payne. Its on the hat already.

Russ, thank you for hosting this one, cant wait for #3.

Joe

I received my pin Monday as well. It's a really cool "Steelhead Hammer" tied by tdeyette. Looks like it's woven on there and I am absolutely amazed!! :blink: Thanks, Tom, for such a cool pin.

Thank you, Russ, for putting this all together.

There here... :yahoo:

Let me first say I really enjoyed this swap and thank you Russ for being SM. I received a Ray Bergman's Pale Evening Dun wet fly by Michael J. (MGJ) and it even had a twin with a hook... :yahoo: Then I even personally swapped with WYKnot and recieved a really nice Craw pattern (going to have to tie this one for my smallie fishing next year. Here they are:

WYKnot's Craw pattern:

IPB Image

Michael J.'s (MGJ) Pale Evening Dun Pin:

IPB Image

Michael J.'s (MGJ) Pale Evening Dun Fishable (Going into the shadow box display)

IPB Image

The pins will look great on my new vest! Thank you Michael (MGJ) and everyone else who participated and again to you Russ for hosting! And you can already count me in for the next pin swap.

Best Wishes,

Sam

Pictures of cjcalls flies!

IPB Image

Thanks again CJ and Russ!

BFR

I recieved mine today THANKS Fryflier for 2 great pins. They are on my cap already. That streamer pattern is awesome.

Thanks WYKNOT for doing this and to Fryflier for great ties.

Dave