Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Steelhead trip

just checked the local weather in Erie, fellas......looking like a lot of snow for the later part of this week.....lets hope it styas on the ground and doesn't flood the creeks!!!!

I'm with ya BDH.

In Erie you never know what the weather will be like.

Last year I had one of those mailman days on the creeks.

Rain, snow and sleet all in the same day.

I can deal with the snow, I just hope we have open water.

Becareful on the drive up

I hear ya BDH,but there sayin the temp is going to be around the high 30's -40 degress for the next week so i think the ice "should" not be a big factor. If the water is high then larger fly and even streamers may be the fly of choice for us.

SD

It's still looking like I've got a good shot at going but it will need to be a day trip for me though. Is there any way we can coordinate a method that I can catch up to you guys up there?

Sure Lance just let us know what day your planning on coming over and we can work something out. We will be there from Thursday to Sunday morning and we can meet you at a certain access at a certain time or something

Cool, I'm working on things here for that Saturday morning. I'll firm things up when we're a little closer then.

I was up on the Chagrin for a short time today and it was in pretty good shape.

Lance your willingly meeting up with us?......you must be a brave man bud wink.gif

Glad to hear that your still interested in joining us i was just talkin to BDH and we were wondering if it was gonna be just us clowns.

Let one of us know when&where to meet you, i'll have my cell phone on me so if you want my # PM me and let me know and i'll PM it to ya so you can reach us when you get there.

SD

I'm hoping for decent flow, decent weather, and an uneventful drive up....gonna have to tie a few buggers and a few zonkers this weekend...going to be a tying fool until the 1st!!!! Still don't know about the work situation, but no news is good news...if they are going to fire me, it'll probably be after the first of the year anyway!! biggrin.gif

If I whip up some of the Emerald Shiner imitations I developed this year, (and maybe a handful of notta buggers) could I get somebody to test them out for me? I'd do it myself but I don't see room in my schedule for an Erie trip 'til Spring. They worked out very well for me on the rivers this Summer and Fall, but I with Emerald Shiners being a primary forage up there, I'd like to know if they can hold their own.

Hey, as a matter of fact, J. Johnson doesn't live too far from me, hey J., can we set up a meet? I'd be happy to fork over a dozen of each. dunno.gif

LB,

Sounds good to me..

If we meet up, it would have to be next week on Monday, or Tuesday.

Like you I only have internet at work. And Im off until next Monday.

Not sure when you will see this...?

Maybe we can meet downtown ?

Hope you had a great Holiday !

Cool! That will give me time to tie up what I need to. I'll PM you my phone number, because, as I have this horrible habit of doing, I lost the paper on which I had yours written! wallbash.gif

LB i got your notta bugger in the swap flies and i plan on tying a few of them myself to take to PA in white so i will also let you know how they work.

Just checked the forcast for girard PA guys and its lookin pretty good!

jan 1st cloudy and 39deg

jan 2nd cloudy and 46deg

jan 3rd clody and 36deg

headbang.gif

SD

Sign in to follow this