Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Orvis Waders

Does anyone out there have any experience with the new Orvis Pro guide stockingfoot or the new Tailwaters XT waders. I ripped my Cabelas and am looking at these, not sure if I want to spend the money. Thanks for your help.

I have a pair of the clearwater series, actually its my second pair.

First pair had a leak in the boot foot after 3 years. At the time of purchase Orvis had a depreciation warranty. Since then Orvis has a 100% money back guarantee. So I sent them back advising them at the time of purchase they had the deprecation warranty. No matter they sent me a new pair, no questions asked with in 10 days. Clearwater is the lower end of their wadders, but with a guarantee like that how can you go wrong?

For comfort and fit I like them. There more like neck wadders than chest wadders on me. I'm a short stocky guy, Orvis had what they call the stout-king size for us vertically challenged with a taste for hops. If something goes wrong I'll just send them back. As long as its something that was not my fault.

I have worn mine in some thick brush, hot humid and freezing cold days with a fleece liner. Spent hours in the water with no water seeping. Sometime ago a free magazine called Fly Fish America had a n article on breathable. Orvis clearwater series scored in the high middle which lead me to my purchase. Compared to Simms and others, they are a bargain!

i've had the clearwaters for a little over a year and they are great

mine are too big because i had to go to the largest size because of my foot size 14

other than that they are great