Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
SDHflyfisher

trout trips

Kinda sad, to tell you the truth.

The only "constant" is change....

I don't mind sharing info, but to do it in front of 1000 local guys, No way. What burns me the most is the input from guys that don't even post reports or share info. You can't compare a Detroit River post to one on the Lil' Man. It's like apples and coconuts

well i dont know if i could attend a trout trip. wouldnt want to offend anyone by fishing their favorite hole wallbash.gif

there is a difference between talking about big rivers and talking about smaller more lucritive rivers.

i see a point on both sides, but that is a different story for a different place. and i have yet to tell anyone besides family where i had the chance to fish this past year. out of respect for the person who took me with him, and respect for that small of an enviroment

so are we planning a try to hit the hex outing? i'm there either way.... i'd like to use my custom 4 wt (acts more like an overlined 3).... but might have to bust out the 5 wt. depending.

steve

i don't see a harm in having an outing on a river...... especially since i doubt anyone is going to be taking people to their out of the way secret spot. Lets keep it to well known larger rivers and we will be good to go.

steve

I have an Idea we will meet in Mio and everyone will fish there own favorite streams in the area.

Hell there must be hundreds of miles of stream for trout within 30 miles of there

I will just get up early and make sure no one follows me to my seceret streach of river. LOL.

OSD.

OSD that sound good becuase i wont have to worry about anyone following me to my secret spot......i'll already be there MIO! laugh.gif

Long as were talkin trout trips let me toss this out there,anyone interested in going to the grand in canada in may?

SD

Good luck tracking me SD.

But I must worn you I go through some pretty thick brush I almost lost my eye last year from a poke from a sharp pucker brush branch

OSD.

yeah that happens

now for flies i obviously have the general patterns are there any regional patterns that i should tie i know i have to tie some hexes which i don't have any of never encountered them yet

i need to start now or i'll never have the flies i need

maybe we should put some big hex patterns up on the forum. I tie really basic big hexes out of 90% deer hair for night fishing. Dawn and dusk I like using a bit more realistic patterns, but when i'm casting near overhangs or cover at night, i don't feel too bad losing the simple pattern, plus they fish well.

steve

I tie one I call the B52 its a spent winged extended body pattern also made with Deer hair. I will see if I can get a picture up soon.

OSD.

Sign in to follow this